What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Moulds food safety alert

Started by , Aug 25 2005 12:55 PM
4 Replies
Moulds alert

I was wondering why such alerts are much more frequent in certain countries than in others. For instance, alerts in Italy are very rare events
BTW they wrote moulds, not molds
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Yeasts and Moulds testing methods Moulds found in Glass Bottles Chocolate Limits Moulds, Mycotoxins Yeasts and moulds acceptable levels in hard cheese (cheddar) Are any heat resistant moulds a known risk for pea flour?
[Ad]

Moulds alert

I was wondering why such alerts are much more frequent in certain countries than in others. For instance, alerts in Italy are very rare events
BTW they wrote moulds, not molds

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The weather? Moulds don't like Italy?

The weather? Moulds don't like Italy?

Nor does foreign matter, pathogens, chemicals and on an on.

Italians, sunny weather, no food alerts ... lucky people
Franco,

I would say that alerts for moulds are not common in the UK.

Mould growth on nutmeg can lead to the production of Aflatoxins (one of the most poisonous substances know to man I believe ).

Aflatoxins are a group of naturally occurring toxic compounds mainly by two species of mould Aspergillus flavus and Aspergillus parasiticus. Is it possible they did not find the toxins just the mould?

For instance, alerts in Italy are very rare events

I was told that the Italians are the least likely people to complain in western Europe (I have no evidence of this but it sounds like it may be true).

I would say that alerts for moulds are not common in the UK.

The same goes yor yeasts.
See today's alert re Tango:

http://www.food.gov.uk/enforcement/al.../2005/aug/tango

Similar Discussion Topics
Yeasts and Moulds testing methods Moulds found in Glass Bottles Chocolate Limits Moulds, Mycotoxins Yeasts and moulds acceptable levels in hard cheese (cheddar) Are any heat resistant moulds a known risk for pea flour? UV light in Spices Manufacturing for controlling Yeasts and Moulds RTE Cooked Smoked Fish - Yeast & moulds? Cocoa mass contaminated by moulds! What is the best Disinfectant for yeast and moulds? Controlling Moulds & Yeasts in Cheese Brine