What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Hi from "Deer in Headlights"

Started by , Jul 11 2009 12:28 AM
3 Replies
Hello all!

My name is Maria. I work in a small, but rapidly growing chocolate factory. About a year and a half ago, I was plucked from production and given the title of Quality Control. Hence the "Deer in Headlights" topic title. I somehow managed to get through a couple of audits with fairly good scores.

However, we are now required to be certified against one of the GFSI recognized standards. Considering the fact that I just learned of GFSI about one hour ago, it appears as if my retina's will never fully recover.

I stumbled upon this desperately needed forum not long ago. I hope to learn from everyone else. Luckily, my employer did have mercy on me and agreed when I suggested that we hire a true professional which I will work under. So the quest begins. Our Quality "Department" will grow from 1 person, to 2. Really! It's not a joke.

So, to sum it up, I don't know much and hope to learn. I will apologize in advance if my questions may seem amateur.

Thanks!
-Maria G
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
BRC issue 9 5.4.7 - Ongoing verification for "High Protein" and "High Fiber" Claims Can we store frozen deer lure and food products in the same warehouse? Validation of "CCP/CQP" Reworking the "levels" of reputation Knives "walking off" or dulling too often...any suggestions?
[Ad]
Welcome Maria

Not to worry I guess we're all still learning. With food something new seems to crop up every day!

Chocolate can be an adventure though ask Cadbury's

Regards,

Tony
Dear EmmE

Luckily, my employer did have mercy on me and agreed when I suggested that we hire a true professional which I will work under. So the quest begins. Our Quality "Department" will grow from 1 person, to 2. Really! It's not a joke.

You might also consider hiring a consultant (this effectively guarantees passing the standards) and an "assistant". Job protection is always a worthwhile ambition IMO

Rgds / Charles.C
Welcome to the forums Maria. If you need any help just ask.

Regards,
Simon

Similar Discussion Topics
BRC issue 9 5.4.7 - Ongoing verification for "High Protein" and "High Fiber" Claims Can we store frozen deer lure and food products in the same warehouse? Validation of "CCP/CQP" Reworking the "levels" of reputation Knives "walking off" or dulling too often...any suggestions? "In-house" Pest Control Versus Contracted Pest Control Labelling Requirements "Use BY" & "Best Before" Polite way to say "You smell" Checkweigher "Best Practice" Confused about 7.3.3.1 - what is "origin"