What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

HACCP Plan for wholesale distribution

Started by , Oct 15 2009 08:32 PM
7 Replies
I'm really excited to have found this site! There is so much useful information here!

I am a food exporter who has a facility in WA state. We have been audited by NSF and Silliker but have not had to have a formal HACCP plan because we do not handle fresh or frozen seafood. However, we are working on a new account that will include frozen seafood and they are requesting a copy of our HACCP plan. Does anyone have or know where I can find a template for creating a plan for multiple products? We are not a manufacturer or producer but just consolidation point.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Vicki
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
HACCP certification for SQG Ed 9.0 - System Element 2.1.1.5 HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry No CCPs in a HACCP Plan - Can This Be Possible? Should you list your preventative controls on your HACCP process flow chart? Fair Price to charge for developing 2 HACCP plans
[Ad]
Hi Vicki

Do you have a flow diagram for your process as this is a good starting point?

Regards,

Tony
Hi Tony,

No, I have a two volume policies and procedures manual but not a flow chart

Hi Tony,

No, I have a two volume policies and procedures manual but not a flow chart

Hi Vicki

Okay then, describe how you are going to handle these products.

Regards

Tony
OK,

I'm not sure how detailed you would like, but basically:

1. product is delivered, checked in and stored in appropriate room (dry, chill or frozen)
2. Product is picked, staged and labeled for export (cold chain is not broken, we have refrigerated receiving area and all stages of order are completed within the temperature controlled environment
3. Containers are loaded for shipment abroad.
Okay

Something like this?

HACCP_Flow_Diagram_Example.doc   82KB   648 downloads

Now describe the products

Regards,

Tony
1 Thank

Okay

Something like this?

HACCP_Flow_Diagram_Example.doc   82KB   648 downloads

Now describe the products

Regards,

Tony

It looks like this post was heading in the right direction for me. I have the same scenario , my distribution company is looking to carry breaded , coconut shrimp on a skewer for an appetizer along with crab cakes. We receive the product frozen , store it frozen , and ship frozen.
This is the way to go guys. Also if you haven't already, you need to get some training in HACCP which will show you how to prepare a HACCP plan. After the flow diagram you need to do a hazard analysis, this is where you determine if you have any CCPs. I have one I could show you but I am not allowed to upload for some reason .

Once you have the hazard analysis done, you then create your HACCP plan, but only if you have CCPs, which you may not have, as in a lot of Companies, temperature control is regarded as a pre-requisite....and that's a whole other story......

Similar Discussion Topics
HACCP certification for SQG Ed 9.0 - System Element 2.1.1.5 HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry No CCPs in a HACCP Plan - Can This Be Possible? Should you list your preventative controls on your HACCP process flow chart? Fair Price to charge for developing 2 HACCP plans HACCP plan for chocolate and risk area decision tree HACCP Flow charts and 'confidentiality' Implementing HACCP/BRC for a Logistics Company Is HACCP broken? How would I verify my HACCP Plan for new product?