What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

BRC Food Standard - Quality Manual

Started by , Oct 22 2005 08:55 AM
6 Replies
Hi
I am currently in the process of writing our QA Manual in line with BRC requirements...struggling to get the layout just right...does anyone have an example I can view?
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Repackaging of Food Grade product 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention food safety Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ?
[Ad]
Can anyone help?
Dear Suemal,

It's hard to find a manual that would suit all factories.
The easiest way to start on a quality manual is to copy the BRC standard. Use their index as your index. Change the standard where a clause states "The company shall......" to "The company will....". Then fill out the manual with details of your procedures (checking the procedures conform). It takes quite a while but is a good check that your system (in theory) conforms to the standard.

Dear Suemal,

It's hard to find a manual that would suit all factories.
The easiest way to start on a quality manual is to copy the BRC standard. Use their index as your index. Change the standard where a clause states "The company shall......" to "The company will....". Then fill out the manual with details of your procedures (checking the procedures conform). It takes quite a while but is a good check that your system (in theory) conforms to the standard.

hia
yes thats how ive started the manual, ive based it on BRC, with headings being scope, responsibilities, procedures, records, refs, and revision history for each section. Currently bout half way through then I start writing the SOPS and cross reference...have i included all the relevant headings? can you think of something im missing?!
thanks
sue
that can be a good start
I just work through the BRC using the same numbering system in the same order. That way, it's really easy come audit time and you know you haven't missed anything out. So, from memory, it's senior management commitment as number 1 (talk about how the management makes resources available and then reference things like training records, management review procedure and records etc), then HACCP as number 2 (just reference the HACCP plan here and maybe a quick overview statement rather than repeat yourself) etc etc.

Also I love the way the BRC says things like "a procedure shall be in place" or "policy for..." so you know for that clause you will need to have a procedure or policy. As the meerkat says "Simples"!
Hi all,

The clause 3.2.1 states "The food safety and quality manual shall contain an outline of working methods and practices or references to where such an outline is documented"

According to standard you can chose outline such methods/procedures in the Mannual, or you can also raise in the mannual a reference link to the documented methods/procedures.

Hope this could help a bit.

Best regards,

Jason

Similar Discussion Topics
Repackaging of Food Grade product 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention food safety Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ? Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Food Safety Videos- Recommendations? Microbiological Test Standard Food safety culture plan