What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Role of Sales Person as a Food Safety Team Member

Started by , Jan 15 2010 05:46 AM
6 Replies
Can anobody tell me what is the role/ contribution of sale person as food safety team member??
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Label requirements for food manufactured for restaurant use? Food Fraud Assessment for SQF Food Defense Plan Builder Help Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? Standard Microbial Count for Equipment and Utensils in Food Industry
[Ad]
They may be the first person to know any complaint (particularly food safety complaint) from the agent/consumer/distributor/user etc.

If the he/she also involve in export sales, they may also be the first person to know the new food regulations of the foreign countries.
I would add that a sales person with technical knowledge of the product and manufacturing process including quality and food safety / HACCP is infinitely more valuable and plausible to customers existing and new. Especially in discussions on new products, understanding customer requirements and fitting them with the capability of the business. Also useful in the event of a problem or complaint or even a request for information such as questionnaires, certificates and specifications. This adds value and can often make higher prices more palatable. That might sell it to the sales person.

Regards,
Simon
I certainly agree with Simon.

A sales person should have adequate knowledge on probably almost everything from raw mats, process to selling and even food safety informations so that they could easily back it up whenever a customer asks something and not just scratch his head out. It's also a win-win for the company because customers perceive it as a good company, staffs are well trained and informed etc. and most importantly a great experience for the customers
If this sales person does not have a technical background about food technology, the contribution might not be too big, but remember that a Food Safety Team must be multidisciplinary. Also the food chain involves administrative futures, as purchase orders, customer requirements, claims, recalls, withdrawals, inventories (essential for traceability), deliveries, etc.

But remember that this person must be trained in relation to food safety, so once that is acomplished, it might be a good addition to the team.

Regards,

FSSM
Hi, below is the role of sales representative (as a food safety member) in my company, can anoyne drop comments on it?

- To attend the customer complaint or feedback related to food safety and report to food safety team leader

- To provide information to customer such as questionnaires, specifications or certification

Hi, below is the role of sales representative (as a food safety member) in my company, can anoyne drop comments on it?

- To attend the customer complaint or feedback related to food safety and report to food safety team leader

- To provide information to customer such as questionnaires, specifications or certification

I think it's a good start Carine.

If you are trying to meet ISO 22000 requirements have you checked 7.2.3 as it addresses customer communications. ISO 22000 requires that issues concerning food safety are communicated throughout the food chain. In addition, 22000 requires that statutory, regulatory, and customer food safety requirements are available. The requirement also defines responsibilities and authorizes for external communication.

I'm sure the sales person plays a key role in gathering and transmitting such information to and from the customer.

Regards,
Simon

Similar Discussion Topics
Label requirements for food manufactured for restaurant use? Food Fraud Assessment for SQF Food Defense Plan Builder Help Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? Standard Microbial Count for Equipment and Utensils in Food Industry May 2024 - Member of the Month Example of How to Assess Your Food Safety Culture Food Fraud for Storage and Distribution Warehouse Any food product naming policy in EU? Storing food ingredients in same warehouse as food contact packaging