What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Contract Manufacturing

Started by , Jun 16 2010 02:27 AM
2 Replies
Is there definition or contract manufacturing ? I would like to suggest it is a different company or location that makes the same product(s) as the original and has a contract to maintain the same food safety and quality characteristics.

However - if one location makes a product - and adds another product to it as part of the finished package (and does not alter this addition - just adds it) - is the added product an ingredient or a contracted/ manufactured item?
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
What are companies responsible that uses contract manufacturer? Contract Manufacturers Trading Company Contract Example SQF 2.3.3.2 - Contract Manufacturer Compliance SQF Compliance Contract Service Providers - who exactly falls under this category?
[Ad]
Dear Cathy,

contract manufacturer - http://en.wikipedia....ct_manufacturer

It looks very similar to the, maybe more familiar, "copacker", http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copacker

Rgds / Charles.C

Is there definition or contract manufacturing ? I would like to suggest it is a different company or location that makes the same product(s) as the original and has a contract to maintain the same food safety and quality characteristics.

However - if one location makes a product - and adds another product to it as part of the finished package (and does not alter this addition - just adds it) - is the added product an ingredient or a contracted/ manufactured item?

Hi Cathy

If it is the same company but a different location then I don't see this as contract manufacturing*.

Do you mean that a second location adds another product to make a final product? Some people may call it an ingredient, sometimes I refer to this as a material or intermediate product. Again if it is controlled by the same organisation then I don't see it as contract manufacturing *unless the first location is unable to demonstrate or exert management control over the second location within the same organisation.

Regards,

Tony

Similar Discussion Topics
What are companies responsible that uses contract manufacturer? Contract Manufacturers Trading Company Contract Example SQF 2.3.3.2 - Contract Manufacturer Compliance SQF Compliance Contract Service Providers - who exactly falls under this category? SAQ for Contract Service Suppliers Approved Supplier Program and Non-Contract and Contract Service Providers SQF 11.6.5 - Contract example for trucking companies Contract Manufacture for Dietary Supplement - who is responsible for the shelf life study? Where can I find a good template for a contract agreement for a co-manufacturer?