What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Greens [leaves, tops and other similar vegetable or vegetable parts]

Started by , Jun 28 2010 08:35 AM
11 Replies
fellows, just go easy on me... can someone suggest of some products than can be made from lets say vegetable leaves, can flour be produced from them?
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Fish Farm/Salmon and Leafy Greens Aquaponics - SQF question Air Filtration Requirements for RTE Leafy Greens - New Facility
[Ad]
I really would be interested to know the answer to this one :woot:
Dear npktnd,

Depends on the vegetable but, in principle, I guess probably lots, is it allowed to be a "part" of a product as well ? Does it hv to be itself consumed as well ?

1. (part) Soups
2. (Part) used as wrapping for snacks, eg Chinese, Vietnamese food.
3.(part) in salads.

Flour sounds a bit of a stretch though

Rgds / Charles.C

Hi npktnd,

Agreed with Charles on the flour aspect... Leaves usually don't have alot of protein for gluten formation, just fibre and carbohydrates, not good for flour making.

But are these leaves part of the trimmings or unwanted from your main product? Other uses besides Charles' suggestions would be to sell them cheap to nearby farmers as part of animal feed or as compost to fertilize more vegetables for your main product.
Hello! :)

I am sure this is what you are looking for!!! eheheh!

Nah just kidding! :D

I also agree with the guys! But then again artificial meat has already been produced so I wouldn't be surprised if they 've made flour from leaves or such.

In vitro meat

In vitro meat

Cheers!
Philip

Rgds / Charles.C

agreed to this also, i really don't want to go for this flour thing, it's just not that needed... i think... because here we eat rice rather than bread or other foods from flour.

how about fortification of foods with antioxidants from vegetables? it is possible right? if so and if there are any kindhearted enough people out there, can you guys help me by providing links of useful references. meanwhile i'll do some searching too, thanks for all of you guy who commented on my post :)

agreed to this also, i really don't want to go for this flour thing, it's just not that needed... i think... because here we eat rice rather than bread or other foods from flour.

how about fortification of foods with antioxidants from vegetables? it is possible right? if so and if there are any kindhearted enough people out there, can you guys help me by providing links of useful references. meanwhile i'll do some searching too, thanks for all of you guy who commented on my post :)

Hmm... fortify food with antioxidant from vegetables? Possible, but not neccessary profitable, given the costly extraction method and depending on the type of vegetable, the polyphenol/antioxidant differs.

Hmm... fortify food with antioxidant from vegetables? Possible, but not neccessary profitable, given the costly extraction method and depending on the type of vegetable, the polyphenol/antioxidant differs.

ya..., did some research, and guess what? laboratories here in PH aren't that good T.T if it cost much at your place then maybe i'll be spending a lot in here. looking at that comment that i posted, i would suggest myself not to... guy, what else can I make from vegetables? are there any sites that show some list of existing market forms of vegetable product?

to all that commented on this thread, thanks your so kind
Dear npktnd,

I presume you mean vegetables readily available in the Philippines ?

Rgds / Charles.C

guy, what else can I make from vegetables? are there any sites that show some list of existing market forms of vegetable product?

how about make a beverage from vegetables.. i mean you can make juice from vegetables combine with fruit.. ex. juice made from carrot, spinach plus orange... thats antioxidant rich juice and good for your health
Dear npktpd,

guy, what else can I make from vegetables?

Hmmm. Athletics comes to mind.

Laxatives ?

Rgds / Charles.C

Dear npktnd,

I presume you mean vegetables readily available in the Philippines ?

Rgds / Charles.C

yup, it's because we are financially short here in the philippines. <-- (uhm let's not talk about that in here hehe)

to others thanks, ill try your suggestions

Similar Discussion Topics
Fish Farm/Salmon and Leafy Greens Aquaponics - SQF question Air Filtration Requirements for RTE Leafy Greens - New Facility