What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Hand dryers comparative evaluation

Started by , Dec 03 2010 10:21 AM
4 Replies
Comparative evaluation of the hygienic efficacy of an ultra-rapid hand dryer vs conventional warm air hand dryers

HandHygiene8.pdf   170.31KB   72 downloads
2 Thanks
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
OPRP Hand Washing Procedure Hand Wash Water Temperatures GMP Hand Swabs Converting Hand Wash Sinks to Hands Free Supplier reducing sodium in product - still have old packaging film on hand
[Ad]
And thanks again for this one Inesa, Fantastic.
I had a quick look at the paper and although I may have missed it, it doesn't mention the problem with bugs breeding in the base of the Dyson type hand dryer.

It talks about the risks from paper towel waste, but try swabbing around the drain hole of the Dyson - it will scare you. If you think about how they work, all of the water and bugs from the hands are forced down to the bottom surface of the drier. If you miss the drier from the cleaning and sanitising programme you can have a big problem.

Anybody got any information on the Dyson/UV combo?

Anybody got any information on the Dyson/UV combo?

What is the Dyson/UV Combo Foodworker?
It is a standard Dyson air blade type, but fitted with UV lights which are supposed to sanitise/sterilise the hands as part of the drying action. It sounds a good idea, but I have not seen any data to see if it works. I have doubts about the contact time and intensity of the UV emissions.

I think it was a Dyson model that I saw fitted with them, but other makes I am sure are available.

Similar Discussion Topics
OPRP Hand Washing Procedure Hand Wash Water Temperatures GMP Hand Swabs Converting Hand Wash Sinks to Hands Free Supplier reducing sodium in product - still have old packaging film on hand Hand Soap for Organic food production facility Hand Soap Refill Methods Hand Swabs of Food Handlers as verification of hand hygiene Hand Degreaser Soap Is Unscented Hand Moisturizer Allowed Underneath Gloves?