What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

UV conveyer for sterilization?

Started by , Jan 14 2011 07:08 AM
4 Replies
One of my supplier proposed me a UV sterilized Tunnel conveyer before my raw material go in production. My raw materials are Non dairy creamer, Instant coffee, cereal, sugar... My products is instant cereal can coffee mix.

The process is I will remove the outer layer of the packaging and then put the raw material through the UV conveyer to production

Please advise
1) whether this UV conveyer suitable, effective and relevant for my company or not?
2) How to measure the effectiveness of this UV conveyer?
3) What kind of documents required from supplier?
4) Did any food industries use this kind of conveyer before?
5) Any other advise or comment or concern......

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
How can I check good sterilization? Water used for Steam Sterilization Truffle sauce sterilization - F0 value Autoclaves for Dropper Sterilization ETO sterilization - Not a CCP
[Ad]
This seems a bit excessive to me looking at the range of ingredients.

Also, the UV is really only going to be effective on the surface of the materials going through, not the bulk.
Hello all,

Pls post some contacts of Uv tunnel manufactures/ Suppliers

Regards

Salam
It does sound like overkill but I have heard of these used as an alternative to sanitiser spray tunnels or dip tanks for dry environments so I would think it's only useful for bags of clean product in primary film packaging as I agree it would only work on the surface.

Do you use anything to transfer the ingredients at the moment? Do you have any problems to make you think you need this?
1 Thank
Thanks for the replies.
I am just using normal open conveyor to transfer my raw materials form warehouse to production.

Similar Discussion Topics
How can I check good sterilization? Water used for Steam Sterilization Truffle sauce sterilization - F0 value Autoclaves for Dropper Sterilization ETO sterilization - Not a CCP How to calculate least sterilization value for acidified product? Organic spice sterilization Green Tea Powder Sterilization Why do you choose to carry out a sterilization process for some pastes as an acidified product? Microwave Sterilization of moringa leaf powder