What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

HACCP accreditation without Metal Detector

Started by , Feb 01 2011 01:01 PM
2 Replies
Hello!

We are a small Macadamia Processing Plant and been looking for a metal detector that we can afford for quite sometime. My question is, Is it possible to get HACCP accreditation with the absence of Metal detector or NOT?

Thank you.

Ms. Sen
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
HACCP certification for SQG Ed 9.0 - System Element 2.1.1.5 HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry No CCPs in a HACCP Plan - Can This Be Possible? Should you list your preventative controls on your HACCP process flow chart? Fair Price to charge for developing 2 HACCP plans
[Ad]
Dear Senith,

There is a similar thread question to this running at the moment if you look around a bit.

In theory the answer has to be yes, it's possible since if you can show yr process / finished product has no significant risk of encountering "dangerous" metal contamination then no need to control. Or if you can prove some other control measure is adequate, eg visual checking, this may be another alternative.
In practice the auditor may / may not agree with yr risk analysis, this depends on yr process/equipment/history etc (and maybe the auditor / standard). For example, if every other factory in yr locality doing similar products has a metal detector, you can guess the auditor's expectation.

Rgds / Charles.C
Thank you very much! I think, we really need to get one then, since everybody in the industry got one.

Senith

Similar Discussion Topics
HACCP certification for SQG Ed 9.0 - System Element 2.1.1.5 HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry No CCPs in a HACCP Plan - Can This Be Possible? Should you list your preventative controls on your HACCP process flow chart? Fair Price to charge for developing 2 HACCP plans HACCP plan for chocolate and risk area decision tree HACCP Flow charts and 'confidentiality' Implementing HACCP/BRC for a Logistics Company Is HACCP broken? How would I verify my HACCP Plan for new product?