What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

HACCP concerning animal by-products not intended for human consumption

Started by , Mar 08 2011 11:01 AM
2 Replies
Hi everyone, need help in this!

Accoriding to EU regulation 1774/2002 regarding animal by-products not intended for human consumption there should be a HACCP plan in place in a processing plant that processes animal by-products.

I have a client that will use animal by-products from slaughterhouses and then treat them to produce biogas, water for agriculture and fertilizers.
How can i asses the risks and find my CCPs since a HACCP plan is developed only for processes that include food for human consumption?

Any ideas, or recommendations would be very helpful!

Many thanks
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
What HACCP and Food Safety plan does salsa fall under HACCP in Bakery - Food Regulations India HACCP and BRC accreditation in the UK HACCP and BRC accreditation for a UK storage and distribution business HACCP and HARPC training
[Ad]
Hi,
I am not ver familiar with these items, but I can inform you that Regulation 1774 is repealed by Regulation 1069/2009.
Regulation 1069/2009 and Regulation 142/2011 for implementing it Regulation 142/2011
I hope this will be helpful: Aylin
The reason for a HACCP plan in a animal by-product facility is that dangerous microorganisms can be spread in the environment.
I think the risk is just microbiological and all the steps in the flow chart are covered by good practices and prerequesites except the heat treatment used for neutralization.

Maybe this doc will insipre you:
http://archive.defra...st_guidance.pdf
http://archive.defra...s/salrender.pdf

Similar Discussion Topics
What HACCP and Food Safety plan does salsa fall under HACCP in Bakery - Food Regulations India HACCP and BRC accreditation in the UK HACCP and BRC accreditation for a UK storage and distribution business HACCP and HARPC training Compressor for HACCP HACCP and SQF Certification Implementing HACCP/BRC for a Logistics Company HACCP plan for cold smoked trout HACCP plan for chocolate and risk area decision tree