What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

CODEX VS NACMCF VS FDA-USDA HACCP PLANS

Started by , Jun 01 2011 07:48 PM
4 Replies
HELLO O' WISE ONES!!
I AM IN THE USA,
I TEACH HACCP CLASSES BASED ON THE NACMCF, FDA AND USDA.
IN ALL OF THESE VENUES, I USE POWER POINT PRESENTATIONS.
I AM CURRENTLY BEING ASKED TO DEVELOP A POWER POINT FOR CODEX HACCP.
(I DO NOT KNOW WHY, BUT AM STILL BEING ASKED.)
I NEED A BIT OF HELP IN DETERMINING WHAT THE DIFFERENCES ARE IN RELATION TO CODEX AND MY CURRENT POWERPOINTS.
ARE THERE SIGNIFICANT DIFFERENCES IN AMY AREA THAT WOULD BE DIVERSE FROM THE NACMCF OR FDA GUIDELINES.
DOES ANYONE HAVE A CODEX POWER POINT THAT I COULD BORROW, TO SEE THE SET-UP?
MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE.

ERNIE MCCULLOUGH, Ph.D.
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Updated versions of CODEX General Principles of Food Hygiene Published Open textbook: Comparisons of Codex Guidelines on Nutrition Labelling with Relevant Regulations of Taiwan and the United States Free download: Understanding the “General Principles of Food Hygiene” (including GHP and HACCP) published in 2020 by Codex Alimentarius, and its Comparison of HACCP 12 steps from Codex, USDA, USFDA, ISO 22000, and HACCP regulations-guidance of Taiwan (bilingual edition) Gap analysis checklist between 2003 and 2020 version of Codex General Prinicples of Food Hygiene
[Ad]
Hi Ernie, Welcome to the forums. I'm sure if you are patient you will get a decent response. One thing please don't type all in CAPITALS it drives me nuts.

Regards,
Simon
Dear EMC,

For starters, try the attachment in link below. All these standards are pretty old so this document is still useful IMO.

http://www.ifsqn.com...dpost__p__46094

I think if you look at the original history (1990 - 2003 period?), Codex sort of picked up the trailblazing stuff from NACMCF et al and gave it a bit of a makeover to more fit the European tastes ( not certain but i think their ccp decision tree has become the effective global haccp standard although its prob. 75% same as US versions). Also Codex issued (2003) a classic hygiene text which contains their haccp philosophy/operational details in it, available in numerous places on this forum and IT (also referenced in the attachment linked at the top this post from memory).

Probably out of yr scope but one haccp area of more contention difference-wise is the meat Pathogen Reduction Scheme in USA which I think has varying types of interpretation around the globe.

Rgds / Charles.C

PS don't think the above overlaps USDA so much though.

Other big differences, I think, are that (a) the US / Canada haccp systems chose to do the hazard analysis via their table "justification" format whereas europe went more to risk matrices although I dont recall Codex pioneering this aspect, (b) validation/verification aspects were interpreted differently although this has only become explicit in codex publications within the last 5 yrs or so.
1 Thank
Thanks Charles,
I will be patient and read all of the comments supplied.

Simon,
Sorry, this is habitual with me.
I get in a hurry and get lazy and just type away in caps.
I will put that on my "Corrective Action Report" for continuous personal improvement.

Ernie

Simon,
Sorry, this is habitual with me.
I get in a hurry and get lazy and just type away in caps.
I will put that on my "Corrective Action Report" for continuous personal improvement.

Ernie

No problem Ernie,
I'm quite an easy going chap really.

Regards,
Simon

Similar Discussion Topics
Updated versions of CODEX General Principles of Food Hygiene Published Open textbook: Comparisons of Codex Guidelines on Nutrition Labelling with Relevant Regulations of Taiwan and the United States Free download: Understanding the “General Principles of Food Hygiene” (including GHP and HACCP) published in 2020 by Codex Alimentarius, and its Comparison of HACCP 12 steps from Codex, USDA, USFDA, ISO 22000, and HACCP regulations-guidance of Taiwan (bilingual edition) Gap analysis checklist between 2003 and 2020 version of Codex General Prinicples of Food Hygiene Does anyone have the new Codex Alimentarius HACCP standard? Codex Alimentarius latest official released document on HACCP HACCP Codex - evaluating Critical Control Points Need help interpreting CODEX standard microbial limits for modified starch Microbial Standard Limit - CODEX and EU