What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Information Concerning Cook Chill ROP and RTE MAP

Started by , Oct 10 2011 08:10 PM
1 Reply
I'm looking for any information concerning Cook Chill ROP in retail. Food code states I need 2 hurdles. We will only have temp and time as possible hurdles. Normally, I would considered this as one hurdle but can temp and time be considered two separate steps/hurdles? Water activity, pH, and acidy does not work for everything we do so we are limited on hurdle steps.

Does anyone have experience with apply for a variance based on the food codes suggested protocol? We want to sell outside our company which is a big no-no. Any one else have problems with this?

Lastly, we will have fruits and veggies hermetically sealed and the food code considers this passive MAP. What about a sandwich with lettuce and a piece of fruit? Would the respiration from even just a few plant products qualify as a MAP?

Thank you,
Jennifer

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Live seafood wholesale information Technical Knowledge and Information Sources Looking for information on condensed milk process Does anyone have any information about or experience with Candida valida? Nutrition Information Update on the Label
[Ad]
Dear jennyb,

Cook-chill not my area but i was searching here for something else and i came across this seemingly quite comprehensive document (Campden 2006) which may be of some interest. It is primarily UK/EC oriented but contains segments on US business (eg I noticed a possibly interesting IFT ref. on pg179 ).

Vacuum packed and MAP chilled foods - Clostridium botulinum.pdf   1.22MB   30 downloads

If nothing else, it gives yr thread a "bump".

Rgds / Charles.C
2 Thanks

Similar Discussion Topics
Live seafood wholesale information Technical Knowledge and Information Sources Looking for information on condensed milk process Does anyone have any information about or experience with Candida valida? Nutrition Information Update on the Label How to get more information about the current situation of the industry Food allergen labelling and information requirements technical guidance Is it possible to use elements and information from other systems in my FSSC 22000 system? Can we use Mock Recall information for a Traceability Exercise Customer requesting information for mock recall