What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

HACCP in sugar confectionery factory

Started by , Apr 13 2012 06:08 PM
3 Replies
Hi all,

This is my first post. We manufacture sugar confectionery like fruit chews, Eclairs, hard candy etc. In Fruit chews manufacturing process we use a paste (made with Food grade wax, Corn Starch & Palm oil) to avoid the product to stick to the cooling table. As per HACCP standards, is it allowed or any other best way to deal with this problem?

Please guide me in this regard.

Thanks
Phani Krishna
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
HACCP and BRC accreditation in the UK HACCP and BRC accreditation needed HACCP/HARPC training Compressor for HACCP HACCP and SQF Certification
[Ad]

Hi all,

This is my first post. We manufacture sugar confectionery like fruit chews, Eclairs, hard candy etc. In Fruit chews manufacturing process we use a paste (made with Food grade wax, Corn Starch & Palm oil) to avoid the product to stick to the cooling table. As per HACCP standards, is it allowed or any other best way to deal with this problem?

Please guide me in this regard.

Thanks
Phani Krishna

I don't see why that wouldn't be allowed? It's all food safe?
Dear phani,

Not my product area but, as per GMO's reply, a generic textbook answer to yr question is that applying HACCP would require you to analyse any (individual / cumulative) risk resulting from the interaction between the “paste” and yr input material as far as the health of the final product’s consumer is involved.
This would require some (safety) knowledge of the permitted BCPA composition of your finished product and all the related ingredients (eg the specifications of these items) and (possibly) other processing aspects like degree of pickup.

Rgds / Charles.C

Dear phani,

Not my product area but, as per GMO's reply, a generic textbook answer to yr question is that applying HACCP would require you to analyse any (individual / cumulative) risk resulting from the interaction between the “paste” and yr input material as far as the health of the final product’s consumer is involved.
This would require some (safety) knowledge of the permitted BCPA composition of your finished product and all the related ingredients (eg the specifications of these items) and (possibly) other processing aspects like degree of pickup.

Rgds / Charles.C

HI PHANI

what are your ccps cooking, cooling in table?
do you have other parameters for control?
bibi

Similar Discussion Topics
HACCP and BRC accreditation in the UK HACCP and BRC accreditation needed HACCP/HARPC training Compressor for HACCP HACCP and SQF Certification Implementing HACCP/BRC for a Logistics Company HACCP plan for cold smoked trout HACCP plan for chocolate and risk area decision tree HACCP Meeting checklist HACCP Plan for Frozen Meat