What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

SQF 2000 Training - Floor Level Employees

Started by , May 25 2012 06:27 PM
5 Replies
Good Afternoon,

I am struggling with SQF Training requirements for floor level employees. Yearly, our company administers a refresher training that covers basics for HACCP, Allergens, Food Security, GMPs, and Work Place Safety. We are heading down the path for SQF Certification this year and wanted to incorporate a "brief" SQF training session for all employees.

Can anyone provide me with a list of general requirements for the training of all employees?

I was thinking: Overview of SQF and its purpose in food industries, how SQF is connected to our Policy Statement and a brief explanation of those guidelines? Anything else anyone can think of for an overview of SQF?

I have researched online, and through 3rd parties and have not found anything that is "specifically" related. My searches end in training presentations for upper management, implementation training, SQF Practitioner training, all of which are not relevant to the floor level production workers.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks to all in advance,

Justin
1 Thank
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry Does anyone have video or any kind of slideshow they use for GMP training? ABC model to assess effectiveness of training and communication in a company Reusable Water Bottles on plant floor Innovative and effective communication to inform employees about food safety
[Ad]

Good Afternoon,

I am struggling with SQF Training requirements for floor level employees. Yearly, our company administers a refresher training that covers basics for HACCP, Allergens, Food Security, GMPs, and Work Place Safety. We are heading down the path for SQF Certification this year and wanted to incorporate a "brief" SQF training session for all employees.

Can anyone provide me with a list of general requirements for the training of all employees?

I was thinking: Overview of SQF and its purpose in food industries, how SQF is connected to our Policy Statement and a brief explanation of those guidelines? Anything else anyone can think of for an overview of SQF?

I have researched online, and through 3rd parties and have not found anything that is "specifically" related. My searches end in training presentations for upper management, implementation training, SQF Practitioner training, all of which are not relevant to the floor level production workers.

Justin

Justin,

Right in the V7 code manual is a great explanation (which you can turn into a training session) of SQF, how and why it was started. Also download the brochure that is available as a pdf as it will also provide valuable information that can be transferred into a training session.

Glenn
2 Thanks

Good Afternoon,

Justin

Hi Justin

There is a brief presentation on the site here

Regards,

Tony
2 Thanks
The auditor is allowed to "interview" any employee and ask them about the Quality Policy; what SQF is; and what their position has to do with food safety.

At a SQF Practitioner training event I went to in columbus, ohio, the SQF consultant also said that they like to ask employees about pest control. They expect them to know two things: do not touch live bait, and notify supervisor of any pest activity.
2 Thanks
In my experience, from the perspective of the facility audit where the auditor will interview line employees, it's important to ensure that those employees who are responsible for a CCP (metal control, X-Ray, lab analysis, etc.) are prepared to answer questions about what a CCP is, why it's necessary to your Food Safety Plan for that control step to be a CCP for that part of the production flow process, to have a solid understanding of the CCP's that they're responsible for, and how they manage the CCP methods/procedures, record keeping, etc.

I'd also recommend that people on the floor involved in transportation (shipping & receiving) be able to answer auditor's questions re. food defense and their role in ensuring that incoming and outgoing goods enter and leave your facility only through following your written food defense policies and procedures that involve 11.6 (Storage and Transport) and 2.7.1 Food Defense).

Documented training records for these sections should also be available as well as evidence that the training was effective (ex. post training exams).
1 Thank
Hello Justin,

I agree with the last 2 above posts. I'd do what you are doing:

1) GMPs, Sanitation, Allergens, Food Security, HACCP, and Work Place Safety

But emphasize:
2) 2.1.1.1 (Management Policy Statement)
3) 2.1.2.7 ("All staff shall be informed of their responsibility to report food safety problems to personnel with authority to initiate action"

Don't forget (this many be handled by department/area)
4) specific position training and CCP.

In the "general" training (1-3), don't overwhelm them, they will not retain it all and will have a harder time "passing" an interview.

I just really focus on, 1st and foremost, what "personal practices" help attain safe food and what code further specifies (2 & 3 being "principles", it is easy to keep on pointing back to them as you instruct as a theme of the training).

Cheers,
C. Baron

2 Thanks

Similar Discussion Topics
HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry Does anyone have video or any kind of slideshow they use for GMP training? ABC model to assess effectiveness of training and communication in a company Reusable Water Bottles on plant floor Innovative and effective communication to inform employees about food safety Effective evaluation methods of food safety training As per SQF are employees allowed to have neckless or anything hanging around their neck? PCQI Training in Portuguese Is wearing of steel toe shoes required on the plant floor? Where can employees wear hairnets?