What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

What if Food Safety Team doesn't identify any oPRPs?

Started by , Jun 12 2012 06:05 PM
1 Reply
My understanding is that ISO22000 introduced the concept of Operational Pre-Requisite Programme as another version of a control point, in addtion to Control Point, PRP and CCP.

I have seen that some practioners believe that the addition of oPRPs makes the distinction between CCPs and PRPs less clear.

Just a thought that occured to me ..... with respect to document review and utimately formal assessment by an external, independent accreditation body, what happens if the Food Safety Team does not designate any control points as oPRPs as defined by ISO2000?

Although a lack of oPRPs might not increase the risk of food safety failure, would a lack of oPRPs in the food safety system meant that they would "fail" ie not achieve accreditation to ISO2000 standard?

Anyone any thoughts or even their own experience of this?

Thanks!
1 Thank
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Label requirements for food manufactured for restaurant use? Food Fraud Assessment for SQF Food Defense Plan Builder Help Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? Standard Microbial Count for Equipment and Utensils in Food Industry
[Ad]
Dear DP,

Just a thought that occured to me ..... with respect to document review and utimately formal assessment by an external, independent accreditation body, what happens if the Food Safety Team does not designate any control points as oPRPs as defined by ISO2000?

One interpretation of ISO 22004 is that it (quietly) shifted the (unintended?) importance/wasted time of naming/categorising a control measure for a significant hazard onto the aspect of validating its capability of effectiveness.
As defined/implied in the 2 standards, the possible range of the ratio of Oprps to CCPs is zero-infinity.

So the answer IMO is that nothing should happen. Of course auditors may disagree with yr methodology for reaching such a result.

Operationally speaking, the product/process are likely to have some auditorial relevance also.

How about zero CCPs and OPRPs ?

Rgds / Charles.C
1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Label requirements for food manufactured for restaurant use? Food Fraud Assessment for SQF Food Defense Plan Builder Help Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? Standard Microbial Count for Equipment and Utensils in Food Industry Example of How to Assess Your Food Safety Culture Food Fraud for Storage and Distribution Warehouse Any food product naming policy in EU? Storing food ingredients in same warehouse as food contact packaging Utilization of Grape Seeds and analysis of potential applications in the food industry.