What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

How to Integrate Quality Control Plan into Food Safety Manual?

Started by , Mar 30 2013 03:30 AM
3 Replies
hi all, i was wondering how do u all integrate quality control into Food Safety Manual, because our customer requested quality plan whereas our company is ISO22000 certified.
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Example of How to Assess Your Food Safety Culture Food Fraud for Storage and Distribution Warehouse Any food product naming policy in EU? Storing food ingredients in same warehouse as food contact packaging Utilization of Grape Seeds and analysis of potential applications in the food industry.
[Ad]

hi all, i was wondering how do u all integrate quality control into Food Safety Manual, because our customer requested quality plan whereas our company is ISO22000 certified.

It seems it is not the specified intention of your customer to have your quality plans integrated with your food safety manual. If this is the case, you, IMO, should not integrate them. Make them as separate documents (good to have a separate manual by collecting multiple quality plans for each product, where applicable). Refer that documents / manual in your food safety manual.

Another opinon: Many people around the world exepect quality as a main group and food safety as a sub-group of a food manufacturing concern. Your company should have a quality manual which should interlinked with your food safety manual (No matter your QMS is certified or not). If you do so, this will definitely raise the confidence of your customers in your product and system. If you make a Quality Manual, then, obviously, you referred there all your documents related to quality management system.

Regards:
Muhammad Zeeshan Zaki.
I agree with Zeeshan's first paragraph. Better to keep quality separate from Food Safety. In my case government officials (focused on food safety) do not want any CQPs in the HACCP plan (focused around Food Safety). Also this response was acceptable to 2nd and 3rd party auditors that we are able to focus better on Quality and Food Safety individually rather than comingling them under one plan and making it difficult for the least technical person on the floor to follow.

Thank you.

Hi Carine,

These sort of documents can be integrated into a Laboratory or QA Manual.

Attached is a basic example below to give you an idea:

QA Plan - Ice Cream.pdf   267.48KB   228 downloads

Kind regards,

Tony

Similar Discussion Topics
Example of How to Assess Your Food Safety Culture Food Fraud for Storage and Distribution Warehouse Any food product naming policy in EU? Storing food ingredients in same warehouse as food contact packaging Utilization of Grape Seeds and analysis of potential applications in the food industry. Food Fraud & Food Defense Micro. Guidelines for Food Contact Surfaces Food Fraud Vulnerability Assessment (VACCP) and Food Defence (TACCP) and their Mitigation Plans NC for using non food grade oil in a compressor Utilization of Grape Seeds and analysis of potential applications in the food industry.