What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Corporate documents vs Local documents on Smoking

Started by , Nov 18 2013 08:19 PM
3 Replies

Here is my situation.

We have a coporate GMP policy that states "Our mills are smoke free enviroments"

Our mill, one of the 5 coporate mills for our food sector, allows smoking in a designated location for a reason that plant manager has explained to corporate and has recieved an unhappy "OK".

I brought up this inconsistancy at our last food safety team meeting.  We don't want to write another GMP document for multple reasons but we want something that reflects that we do allow smoking at our mill as apposed to the corporate document that says that we don't as a blanket statement.

Within FFSC22000 what is the easest way to accomplish this?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Visitor Policy for Corporate Visits Integrating ISO 9001-2015 and ISO 22000-2018 in Facilities Management & Catering Services off sites in canteens, Corporate, Hospitals and schools Corporate Project SQF rewrite Would it be possible for our corporate office to handle the SQF audit and procedures from Europe for our office in the US? Corporate policy has to be broken down into specific objectives
[Ad]

Here is my situation.

We have a coporate GMP policy that states "Our mills are smoke free enviroments"

Our mill, one of the 5 coporate mills for our food sector, allows smoking in a designated location for a reason that plant manager has explained to corporate and has recieved an unhappy "OK".

I brought up this inconsistancy at our last food safety team meeting.  We don't want to write another GMP document for multple reasons but we want something that reflects that we do allow smoking at our mill as apposed to the corporate document that says that we don't as a blanket statement.

Within FFSC22000 what is the easest way to accomplish this?

As always in this situation there is still going to be a contradiction. I assume that the corporate GMP 'policy' covers a multitude of areas that you are ok with and that this is the exception. If this is the case I would add a 'local smoking policy' which is signed by the person with highest authority on site as an 'appendix' and ensure the controls are in place to eliminate any food safety hazards related to smoking. An auditor may not like the conflict with corporate policy but if you are enforcing your own rules and there isn't any risk then you should be okay.

Regards,

Tony

1 Thank

I was leaning toward this type of resolution I just wasn't sure if it would fly in general with an auditor.

Thanks Tony

As long as you have something in the "Corporate Policy" that allows satellite organizations leeway, and the local policy addresses it.. that should be fine.

Marshall

Similar Discussion Topics
Visitor Policy for Corporate Visits Integrating ISO 9001-2015 and ISO 22000-2018 in Facilities Management & Catering Services off sites in canteens, Corporate, Hospitals and schools Corporate Project SQF rewrite Would it be possible for our corporate office to handle the SQF audit and procedures from Europe for our office in the US? Corporate policy has to be broken down into specific objectives Internal Audit - Corporate Corporate SQF Practitioner FAO Corporate Document Repository Corporate Social Responsibility Exploiting Corporate Know-how