What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Commissioning of new installation and equipment

Started by , Nov 22 2013 09:55 PM
9 Replies

Hi

Does anyone have an example of a commissioning document they will kindly share.

Many Thanks

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
New Equipment and Commissioning Checklist Template Commissioning document template for new equipment sign off BRCGS v 9 4.6 - Equipment Purchasing and Commissioning Help with equipment commissioning SOP Commissioning of a New Plant from a Quality Perspective
[Ad]

Not entirely sure of the scope of your question, however if we are taking about the requirements of let's say retailers in regard to the hygienic design, certification etc of equipment then following check-list might help. 

George

Attached Files

When you need a new machine you find a suitable vendor and agree a specification, price etc.  The specification should include how it functions, what it is made of, how it looks, performance measures etc.  Once you have the specification agreed you normally conduct a Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) at the machinery manufacturers site before it is shipped and a Site Acceptance Test (SAT) when it is installed and commissioned at you site.  You should create a checklist for the FAT and SAT to ensure you are checking and approving everything against the specification.  There is a nice PDF article here: Factory Acceptance Tests

Hello Aps,

Here in our factory we uses this document as our guideline on assessing the condition of equipment whether it is new or coming from any type of repair/commissioning in order to prevent any deviation that may affect product. Also i attached the release form for equipment that serve as record that we really assess the machine be fore we use it.

F-GMP-001 FORM.RELEASE MACHINE-EQUIPMENT.doc   61.5KB   807 downloads

PROCESS EQUIPMENT PRINCIPLES- Final REV 1.doc   80.5KB   720 downloads

Hope it can help you.

Thanks, 

Factory Hygienist

2 Likes7 Thanks

Excellent Factory Hygienist.

1 Like

I have used the attached document prior to the installation and purchase of equipment.

Attached Files

1 Like4 Thanks

Thanks MFSC.  I am currently putting together a Factory Acceptance Test checklist (when machine is still at supplier) and a Site Acceptance Test checklist (when machine is delivered and commissioned).  Personally I think the specification and testing, checking approving of the machine should be done as a multi-disciplinary team.  E.g. finance, technical, engineering, production, food safety, quality, health & safety all having input, so that the machine meets all requirements.

For this project I have taken the specification from the machinery manufacturers and sat down with all relevant personnel and tried to cover all bases.  I'm sure the outcome will be much better than in the past when machinery has turned up on site and it has taken months and months to get it working efficiently.  The engineering and technical guys are very happy to have a checklist to work through - after all we have the same goals.

perhaps this will help:

safe-equipment-design-checklist-excel (3).xls   66KB   302 downloads

Equipment Design Checklist.xls   211KB   297 downloads

1 Like4 Thanks

Thanks Mario, I edited one excel and reattached it as it had a company logo on it.

Regards,

Simon

I love your spreadsheet but its password protected.. Can you please allow me to have the acess to change a few things to better fit my company.

Similar Discussion Topics
New Equipment and Commissioning Checklist Template Commissioning document template for new equipment sign off BRCGS v 9 4.6 - Equipment Purchasing and Commissioning Help with equipment commissioning SOP Commissioning of a New Plant from a Quality Perspective Decommissioning & Commissioning Risk Assessment Machinery Commissioning - declaration of being safe for food use Second hand bakery equipment commissioning Machinery Commissioning Prior to Production