What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Machinery Commissioning - declaration of being safe for food use

Started by , Dec 16 2013 03:10 PM
3 Replies

I have asked a supplier of a new bit of kit to supply me with a statement that it's suitable for food use.This forms part of our commissioning record for the piece of kit.  They are not sure exactly what I need.  So I said I'd try and find something which they can use as an example. 

Has anyone got an example of a statement that I can get the manufacturer to use?

Thanks

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Certifications for imported equipment and machinery Cover up machinery after sanitation In your facility who is in charge of machinery painting? Micro limits on machinery used for food packaging production Does anyone have a dry sanitation cleaning instructions for machinery?
[Ad]

I have asked a supplier of a new bit of kit to supply me with a statement that it's suitable for food use.This forms part of our commissioning record for the piece of kit.  They are not sure exactly what I need.  So I said I'd try and find something which they can use as an example. 

Has anyone got an example of a statement that I can get the manufacturer to use?

Thanks

It appears that the manufacturer is unaware of the possible food use of their equipment. rather worrying perhaps. :smile:

A little more context might be helpful to illuminate possible COC expectations. eg what is it ? intended usage (if not obvious)?

Rgds / Charles.C

It turned out  that the manufacture provided us with a statement of suitability for food use. 

Most food processing companies have this as standard. Very strange that they didn't.

Similar Discussion Topics
Certifications for imported equipment and machinery Cover up machinery after sanitation In your facility who is in charge of machinery painting? Micro limits on machinery used for food packaging production Does anyone have a dry sanitation cleaning instructions for machinery? Best method to remove coffee flavoring residue from machinery? New equipment/machinery design/change procedure Food Processing Machinery Certification - EN 1672-1 and 2 standards Preventing contamination issues with trench drains under machinery? Disinfection and sanitization procedure for dairy machinery