What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Biological testing procedure for a food packaging plant

Started by , Jan 28 2014 03:54 PM
7 Replies

I'm in the middle of setting up my biological testing procedure for a food packaging plant.  Could anyone share their examples?

Thanks...leet222

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Control the biological hazards documentation Biological Hazards Question Are all biological hazards considered castatrophic in terms of severity? What Biological risk in benzoic acid as raw materials Vegetable Oil Scientific Study for Biological Hazards
[Ad]

what type of food are you packing? Is the testing a mandatory requirement or is it just internal for sanitation verification.  Are you testing equipment or final product testing?

We manufacture cardboard and plastic containers to hold food.  Some direct food contact and some not direct contact.  We are using the testing for sanitation verification.  We test both equipment and final product.  At this point, final product testing is all done on the outside at an accredited lab.  Equipment swabbing testing is done internally and externally.

thanks,

Dear leet,

So what specific testing are you doing already ? i think you will appreciate the relevance to yr OP.

Based on previous threads here, some packaging micro. "standards" do also exist, some even legally, But i suspect not yet in USA.?

Rgds / Charles.C

I think biological testing is great when it comes to food packaging. It makes sure that the contents of the container/bottle are safe.

The outside testing is done on finished goods...residual bacteria, coliform, & yeast and mold.  Inside testing is ACP & yeast and mold.

Charles C....excellent information in the links.  Thanks!

Still haven't seen any procedure examples though.

Similar Discussion Topics
Control the biological hazards documentation Biological Hazards Question Are all biological hazards considered castatrophic in terms of severity? What Biological risk in benzoic acid as raw materials Vegetable Oil Scientific Study for Biological Hazards Biological characteristics of french beans Salt and biological hazards Biological Fluids Sterilization OTR and WVTR rates dependency on biological activity inside pouch What biological hazards are associated with dry beans and grains?