What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Just wondering if there are any chefs/caterers around?

Started by , Jul 09 2014 05:09 PM
6 Replies

hi 

just wondering if there are any chefs caterers or food safety tutors for the catering industry on board?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Looking to replace my dust mop handles and wondering if anybody can point me in the direction of something other than wood? Interviewing chefs - what are the standards? Wondering how you are developing your Preventative Control Plan? Chefs vs QA FSA advice to caterers on the safe handling of eggs
[Ad]

Yes - kind of. I'm an Environmental Health Officer (part time) as well as trainer (been teaching level 4 HACCP course today). We EHOs tend to inspect micro-businesses; basically because there are lots of them! Its interesting to look at the larger businesses and the expectations in terms of proportionate documentation and systems. I usually learn something new when in that environment - learning all the time, and from delegates !

1 Thank

If there were enough interest I would be happy to open a specific forum for chefs / catering / food service etc.

1 Like

great ..hi yvonne

like yourself im involved with smaller businesses ..i tutor  in food safety up to management level ..but whats annoying is im doing a project (haccp) at the moment and im finding it difficult !...easier to show than to do .. :giggle:

im a chef by trade and have deviated to food safety and consultation in the last 5 yrs

i also find it very interesting to see what goes into the manufacturing end of food ..eye opening for sure  

If there were enough interest I would be happy to open a specific forum for chefs / catering / food service etc.

excellent idea...

If you leave it with me for a day or two I will make it and then move existing related topics into it to give it a kick-start.

EDIT: sorry for the long rambling sentence, I'm rushing for the football. :smile:

This topic is now in the new "chef zone" forum.

1 Like

Similar Discussion Topics
Looking to replace my dust mop handles and wondering if anybody can point me in the direction of something other than wood? Interviewing chefs - what are the standards? Wondering how you are developing your Preventative Control Plan? Chefs vs QA FSA advice to caterers on the safe handling of eggs Just wondering why Reheating (not cooking) is always included as a CCP Wondering if Home made Ice cream is High risk or High care product? Should the FSA take a stand on celebrity chefs? Get your note books out - Chefs here