What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Hold Release Procedure for Micro Testing Results

Started by , Nov 21 2014 12:27 AM
7 Replies

Our company makes sandwiches for distribution.  One of our customers is requiring micro testing for each production run.  The product is not to be released until the results are received, and, naturally the desired result.  Does anyone have a similar program they must follow?  I would appreciate any procedure or documents.  Thank you for any help!!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Is there any method available for Cold filled and Hold process parameters Is it possible to Hot Fill Hold with No Inversion? Will a VCM bring my acidified product to required temp for hot-fill-hold processing? Best Certificates to hold as a Quality Assurance or Control Professional Do we have to hold all our documents for 5 years based on FSMA regulation?
[Ad]

I worked in RTE with sandwiches.  We did micro testing on the sandwiches but not hold and release.  We followed the customers program, however depending on what is in your sandwiches and what your testing for it can be really tricky.  What are they asking you to test for?

1 Like

I'm worked in RTE  manufacturing, normally we just conducting micro test on finished product according our  fixed schedule  and we never practice hold n release as the micro results need to wait at least 2 days. 

1 Like

I am currently working in the same industry (RTE sandwiches).  Surely the short expiry time on the product would make any hold and release system impossible to work with.

We test on a schedule to determine that practices are acceptable. Not to check a particular batch.

Okay, the fact that y'all are on this forum makes me more comfortable with eating those sammichs from gas stations. 

Sometimes I want to want to eat one in the hopes I get Worms of Cologne, but then I remember I live in reality. 

I have a positive release; I release everything on entro's

Caz x

We have a hold and release procedure. Usually results take 1-3 days from the lab. If product needs to be shipped before it can be released we have a system with our distribution centres where they request a release for any product that they intend to ship which they received from us on hold. If we are sending something that has not been tested directly to the customer we send the trailer with a combination lock and only provide the code when product has been cleared from the lab results.

I would have never eaten of those sandwiches even if well paid, until I worked for a company that made them.  A lot of quality went into the sandwiches we made. 

Similar Discussion Topics
Is there any method available for Cold filled and Hold process parameters Is it possible to Hot Fill Hold with No Inversion? Will a VCM bring my acidified product to required temp for hot-fill-hold processing? Best Certificates to hold as a Quality Assurance or Control Professional Do we have to hold all our documents for 5 years based on FSMA regulation? Hot Fill Hold Temperature Hold and release procedures for product testing Hot Fill and Hold Temperatures - Question Hot Fill Hold Process SOP for Acidified Foods Company to make customized hold tags