What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Multiple sites - do I need to register separately?

Started by , Jan 08 2015 06:06 PM

:giggle: Snookie, you so funny!  You WERE first with the welcome mat! 

Then this would be a great time to shop around and switch CBs. :welcome: ltufft! 

5 Replies

I have two sites - one for human food and one for pet food. I am currently SQF certified for the human food plant and am going after SQF certification for pet food. I am looking at using a different certifying body. Do I need to register the pet food site separately or can I add to my current  plant profile on SQFI?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Listing Ingredients from multiple vendors Label for a product with multiple vendors Supplier Multiple Non-Conformances Pest How long should we be reworking product made with multiple lots of rework? Multiple Sifters as OPRPs
[Ad]

I would that you'd want to have it be a separate entity.  You don't really share anything between the two plants (one hopes) Maybe procedures are similiar, but how you handle pet food is probably different than human food. I don't see the harm in having the same CB, however.

First :welcome: . 

Ahhhh.....Setanta beat me to the punch.  :crybaby:   She's not only smart....but faster. :roflmao:

You don't have to use a different certifying body and hear they can be a pain to change, but especially if you're not happy with your current one, this would be a good opportunity to try another. 

I would that you'd want to have it be a separate entity.  You don't really share anything between the two plants (one hopes) Maybe procedures are similiar, but how you handle pet food is probably different than human food. I don't see the harm in having the same CB, however.

I do have some corporate procedures that I am using for both plants but that is about it. I am looking to change CB's because I am not real happy with my current one. I wanted to start with the new plant and then maybe switch the food plant over.

Then this would be a great time to shop around and switch CBs. :welcome: ltufft! 

1 Thank

Yeah...but you got the best answer..... :crybaby:

Similar Discussion Topics
Listing Ingredients from multiple vendors Label for a product with multiple vendors Supplier Multiple Non-Conformances Pest How long should we be reworking product made with multiple lots of rework? Multiple Sifters as OPRPs FSMS for one business entity with multiple locations Multiple HACCPs Discussion Sending same samples to multiple labs Is there any value in having Multiple GFSI-SQF Certifying Bodies? Multiple HACCP plans / process flow