What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Paperwork required when packing for a customer

Started by , Apr 08 2015 10:27 AM
4 Replies

Hi

Can you help?

We have acquired a customer who wants us to pack their fruit and then ship to their customer from our site,

as it is not at any time our fruit I am unsure how this will tie in with our BRC and Assured produce requirements in regards to paperwork and questionnaires needed.

The fruit is coming in from BRC or similar suppliers and I have asked for a copy of the certificate even though I am not sure I need it.

Can anyone supply me with a template for any forms I will want for my records please.

Any and all help very much appreciated.

Mica35

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Scratch Outs on Paperwork SQF Edition 9 How far back does my paperwork have to go? Paperwork Storage SQF Who signs paperwork? How do you document the MSS paperwork when you are short on staffing?
[Ad]

Since you are packing it, I feel you would need to follow the same paperwork requirements as if you were packing your own fruit.

1 Thank

In this case you are the middle man, your customer is outsourcing their production to you and then selling the finished product to their customer.

It is actually your customers responsibility to assure all raw materials and their suppliers (including you).

Obviously you handle and process the products as you would your own and have the same quality checks and paperwork etc.

1 Thank

Hi mica,

As a side-note, this situation has been discussed here before in respect to one potential (UK) conceptual headache.

I assume yr customer also defines the labelling for the final product. In a previous thread this (due to allergenic issues in that case)  was in conflict with the observed checkiing carried out by the producer's QA.

The question then arose as to whether the known NC was the responsibility of middle-man or their customer in the event of an official problem.

After a long discussion, the thread's conclusion was that the responsibility could potentially be with the producer due to relevant UK legalities. Seemingly the only protection for the producer (in addition to having documented notifications/discussion with the customer) was to take out liability insurance.

Caveat emptor in reverse perhaps. :smile:

1 Thank

Hi

Can you help?

We have acquired a customer who wants us to pack their fruit and then ship to their customer from our site,

as it is not at any time our fruit I am unsure how this will tie in with our BRC and Assured produce requirements in regards to paperwork and questionnaires needed.

The fruit is coming in from BRC or similar suppliers and I have asked for a copy of the certificate even though I am not sure I need it.

Can anyone supply me with a template for any forms I will want for my records please.

Any and all help very much appreciated.

Mica35

Hi Mica,

I think you need to prepare  below paper works : ( Documents)

• Your site 3rd  party accreditation and process fellow  ( for your costumer )
  • Manufacturing site (where you get the fruit) process flow and 3rd party accreditation.

This documents are what I ask my supplier with same as your condition.

And all these should be a part of your approved supplier programme

Atessa,

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Scratch Outs on Paperwork SQF Edition 9 How far back does my paperwork have to go? Paperwork Storage SQF Who signs paperwork? How do you document the MSS paperwork when you are short on staffing? Pathogen testing paperwork SQF - paperwork Ø Importance of filling paperwork correctly Do organic imports from US to Canada require certification paperwork? Destroying Paperwork/Records