Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 36 posts
  • 1 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 08 March 2022 - 06:35 PM

So, about a month ago our facility failed our annual recertificaiton audit due to a critical non-conformance. Luckily this non-conformance was enough for our owner to get away from the warehouse where the critical non-conformance was found but now we have to have the 6 month unannounced surveillance audit.  This brings about a question from me as FSM. 

For those of you that have gone through a 6-month surveillance audit, will the auditor ask for paperwork from the past 6 months or the past year? 

We generate a lot of paperwork here and I would like to box up some of the older paperwork (mostly from 2021).  Our surveillance audit has to occur before mid August.  

Is it okay for me to go ahead and start boxing up the 2021 paperwork? Or keep everything from August 2021 onward?

ChristinaK

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 202 posts
  • 68 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Art, Games, Gardening, Costuming, Public Health, Composting (with the power of worms!)

Posted 08 March 2022 - 07:54 PM

I've never experienced a surveillance audit, but I am familiar with storing overwhelming amounts of physical paperwork. We have very limited space in our current facility, so as soon as January hits, we are nearing critical need to box up the previous year's documentation.

What I've done, which has helped me tremendously, is scan paperwork onto our network folder. That way it can be found quickly on the computer during our BRC re-certification audit each February/March. If you get in the habit of scanning documents regularly (weekly, monthly, whatever works), you don't have a mad dash before the audit. It also helps save time if there's a complaint or recall. I name the scanned files in a way so I can search through them quickly: MMYYYY[DocumentNumber].

Hope this helps. Good luck on your surveillance audit. 

-Christina

Spite can be a huge motivator for me to learn almost anything.

TAW

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 36 posts
  • 1 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 09 March 2022 - 05:59 PM

We are so small that there is no need to scan all the paperwork.  I do use iAuditor for some of our pre-op and GMP checks.  So that's helped.

Cute doggo btw.

nicfarmer12

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 32 posts
  • 5 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 10 March 2022 - 05:45 PM

I have not been through a surveillance audit but I am going to assume they will ask for any records for 2021. When you box them up, can you place them in folders so that they are easily accessible and you could find them easily?

Nicole Farmer

Share this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Surveillance Audit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users