What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

GMP/Lab coats

Started by , May 13 2015 02:59 AM
1 Reply

I am working with company which packing food. We are required lab coats in all packing area . We also have department which producing top cover for plastic bottle.Are lab coats  required in food plant which producing snap toppers to plastic bottle filled with candy?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
How often do you launder coats? Reusing coats and hairnets Risk analysis on visitors and employees wearing lab coats and uniforms Laundering Uniforms/Coats Storing Coats, Jackets, and Sweatshirts
[Ad]

I am working with company which packing food. We are required lab coats in all packing area . We also have department which producing top cover for plastic bottle.Are lab coats  required in food plant which producing snap toppers to plastic bottle filled with candy?

Hi FoodAG,

Thanks for yr query and Welcome to the Forum !

Not sure I fully understand yr query.

The motivation for wearing a “uniform” in a food/packaging manufacturing facility is typically hygiene, particularly in respect to risk prevention/control of  hazards such as contamination.

The style of uniform is usually determined (intuitively or otherwise) by risk assessment/hazard analysis for the specific “product” within the context/constraints of factors such as  the food, packaging, process, environment, employees, local Regulatory standards,  customs, etc.

I presume you work in a dry environment of non-extreme temperatures/humidities with handling of exposed RTE products.?

Do you have some particular objection/reason against the use of lab coats ? Not effective against preventing contamination perhaps ?

Similar Discussion Topics
How often do you launder coats? Reusing coats and hairnets Risk analysis on visitors and employees wearing lab coats and uniforms Laundering Uniforms/Coats Storing Coats, Jackets, and Sweatshirts Safety Hazard of Lab Coats Are Colored Coats Allowed - packer of deep frozen products? Can we have pockets in clothing worn under lab coats? Is stud fastening acceptable on workwear coats?