• IFSQN Active
  • 6 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 03 November 2021 - 03:13 PM

Hi everyone.

I am writing a procedure for laundering our uniforms (per auditor suggestion at last audit). We provide pants (scrub type), tshirts, sweatshirts, beanies, glove liners, and coats/jackets. The employees who work in the cooler/packaging area are wearing the jackets as the outermost layer. The coats are hung just inside of production doors and are currently being washed once a week. I got to thinking about this more, and I wonder if they need to be washed after every use just like all of the other uniform items since they are the outer layer? We package nothing but lettuce and the process is completely automated until the package is sealed then someone places them in the box by hand.

olenazh

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,364 posts
  • 439 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada
  • Interests:My job, church, reading, gym, horror movies

Posted 03 November 2021 - 03:30 PM

Hi producelady; I don't see a need for that frequent washing of the coats/jackets taking into account your automated processes. The cooler/packaging operators do not come into contact with the exposed product, do they? Production personnel uniform is a different story: it definitely should be laundered daily. 

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users