What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Powder Process Dry Cleaning with Salt

Started by , Jun 18 2015 09:58 AM
3 Replies

Dear Group,

This is my first post and welcome your support.

I am looking into transferring from wet to dry cleaning of a powder blending process using a ribbon blender (capacity app'  150Kg). Currently we  wet CIP the ribbon blender manually  and dismantle parts to be  wet cleaned off line (it transfer line, CCP etc).

In this area we are looking to improve our allergen and hygiene controls, I would like to explore dry cleaning with salt and looking for advice regarding procedure and validation.

I look forward to your response(s)

Andrew

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Can I do protein powder packaging and bagging business at home? Milk powder - short shelf life Metal Detector Limits for Milk Powder Exemption from USDA and FDA Compliance for Labeling of Free Spice Powder Product Powder Cellulose and Konjac powder Declaration on Label
[Ad]

Hi Andrew,

:welcome:

It might help if you let members know the products and allergens you are handling.

Regards,

Tony

HI Tony,

Products are Enzymes used in food and diagnostic industries. The allergens are typically Lactose or Flour, non allergens for instance Multi Dextrose.  

I hope this helps and look forward to your response

Andrew

Hi Andrew

I am not sure how dry cleaning with salt would improve your allergen controls. You may need to do this by doing trials and stripping the equipment to look for residues and any 'traps' in your equipment.

Regards,

Tony

Similar Discussion Topics
Can I do protein powder packaging and bagging business at home? Milk powder - short shelf life Metal Detector Limits for Milk Powder Exemption from USDA and FDA Compliance for Labeling of Free Spice Powder Product Powder Cellulose and Konjac powder Declaration on Label Ingredient Declaration for a humectant powder Continuous manufacturing for dairy powder manufacturer Causes of cinnamon extract powder failing to pass the metal detector? White Powder Exist in Surface of Polyethylene Film How do I maintain Redness of Dry Chilli Pepper Powder