What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Waste Container Wheels Sanitation

Started by , Aug 03 2015 06:04 PM
5 Replies

We use trash carts to dump waste in the dumpster outside the plant.

This is done multiple times a day.Our auditor has told us to sanitize cart wheels when we bring it inside the building.

What would be the best practice to sanitize waste containers wheels?

Thanks

DT

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Food loss and waste procedure Addressing Food Waste and Food Loss: Balancing Sustainability and Food Safety Addressing Food Waste and Food Loss: Balancing Sustainability and Food Safety Addressing Food Waste and Food Loss: Balancing Sustainability and Food Safety HACCP Flow Waste
[Ad]

A bottle of sanitizer spray or what i have done in the past is use a foot bath sanitizer, placed it inside by the door and rolled the cans through there. You could also minimize the risk by designating 1 cart as your outside cart and that way only have to keep tract of one that is being used outside.

Do we have to validate it?

I was never asked to. But that doesn't mean another auditor won't want it validated. 

1 Thank

We are assuming that we will be asked to validate it and now have to figure out how to do so.

Thank you for your help.

Hi dt2win, 

If you don't mind my asking, what is the nature of your operation? For example, do you process ready-to-eat products? There are many more fundamental questions to address before rushing on to apply seemingly good solutions that may end up wasting resources and providing little if any benefit.

Similar Discussion Topics
Food loss and waste procedure Addressing Food Waste and Food Loss: Balancing Sustainability and Food Safety Addressing Food Waste and Food Loss: Balancing Sustainability and Food Safety Addressing Food Waste and Food Loss: Balancing Sustainability and Food Safety HACCP Flow Waste SQF 2.5.1.1 - How do I validate waste management for Corrective action? Food Loss and Waste SQF 11.8.1.6 Waste Disposal SQF 11.8.1.8 - Waste container insect proofed? Selling fish waste to a pet food company