What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Good Distribution Practices for Warehouse/Storage/Distribution

Started by , Sep 01 2015 02:42 PM
7 Replies

Does anyone have an example of GDPs that apply to warehouse storage and distribution.  GMPs are for food handling.  We don't handle any food products.  All of our packages are sealed, boxed, and shrink wrapped and on pallets.  I have heard the GDPs have been published, but I am unable to find anything other than those related to Pharmaceutical.

Thanks,

~S~

1 Thank
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
How can I check good sterilization? SQF 2.4.2. Good Manufacturing Practices How to evaluate expired inventory to prove they are good to use? Does Anyone Know Of a Good affordable Lab to test ingredientsfor purity, strength, identity, and composition Does anyone have a really good template for a standard operating procedure work instruction?
[Ad]

I found this online.

3 Thanks

suzieq,

SAI Global is an excellent resource. Now you state you do not handle food products, but are looking for Food Safety GDPs. I guess I am confused. No worries, happens all the time. Attached are a set of GDPs I edited a couple of years ago. My company distributes both food and non-food products. Hope this helps.

Attached Files

4 Thanks

Another good GFSI standard

BRC Standard: http://www.brcbooksh...e-2-uk-free-pdf  (yes Free)

I wonder if "Interpretation Guideline" that you can buy is worth the money? Or is it bullshit?

http://www.brcbooksh...ked-pdf-version

Interestingly enough I just wrote the Practices for a storage and distribution facility in Florida this morning for employees, visitors and contractors.

As to getting the BRC guidelines - BRC is really wonderful at creating standards that you have to buy, and then selling you a guide to figure out what they meant.

If you have to go BRC then its a smart investment to buy the guide.

There is a also a guide for SQF, but they don't charge for it... at least not yet.

1 Thank

Interestingly enough I just wrote the Practices for a storage and distribution facility in Florida this morning for employees, visitors and contractors.

As to getting the BRC guidelines - BRC is really wonderful at creating standards that you have to buy, and then selling you a guide to figure out what they meant.

There is a also a guide for SQF, but they don't charge for it... at least not yet.

Thank you Greg.  We are going SQF.  Are you talking about their Guidance Document for Module 2 & 11?  We are warehousing, so don't need a manufacturing guidance document.  I guess I can pick and choose pieces.  I was hoping to find that someone has already invented that wheel. I appreciate the info.

Suzie

Hi GOC,

Apt comments. :biggrin:

Perhaps SQF recoup somewhat via the  "Practitioner". (The Consultant's Friend ?)

IMO all the GFSI Standards have their incomprehensible moments. As do some of the Guidances also.

It's when the auditors don't seem to understand the Guidances that things get more scary.

Similar Discussion Topics
How can I check good sterilization? SQF 2.4.2. Good Manufacturing Practices How to evaluate expired inventory to prove they are good to use? Does Anyone Know Of a Good affordable Lab to test ingredientsfor purity, strength, identity, and composition Does anyone have a really good template for a standard operating procedure work instruction? The role of research in supporting good safety practices in the food sector FSSC v5.1 - Parameters in Testing Finished Good Sampling for Finished Good Validation Test Reference Standards for Good Warehousing Practices in Food Manufacturing Good Distribution Practices in food sector?