What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Noodle Pasteurisation

Started by , Nov 26 2015 06:06 PM
5 Replies

Hi, The company i work for Pasteurises noodles at 95-100 deg for 25 minutes. Does anyone have any literature regarding Pasteurisation effectiveness in noodles in controlling bacteria & mould? Also to note, the pasteurisation is more for a technolgical function in the noodle (chewiness) but also to kill bacteria. Or how can i determine effectivenees (other than testing before & after Pasteurisation). Thanks.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Microbiological criteria for Instant Noodle based on EU regulation Regulation for Instant Noodle Food Safety Concerns for Noodle Production using MAP Packaging Is supplied noodle and our sauce in a box an outsourced product? Dry Pasta & Noodle HACCP Plan
[Ad]

Hi Anton,

Are these noodles fresh or subsequently dried and what are they packed into?

Regards,

Tony

Hi Tony, these are dried noodles packed in plastic packets (OPP20MY, LDPE60MY)

Your pasteurization process will remove all pathogens except spore formers, you will need to assess your whole process and controls and I think you will need to validate it yourself rather than rely on literature.

Regards,

Tony

any quick/easy way for validatiion you recommend?

any quick/easy way for validatiion you recommend?

I'm not of the view that validation and ensuring your product is safe is in the quick/easy category, more likely essential to your business?

Regards,

Tony

Similar Discussion Topics
Microbiological criteria for Instant Noodle based on EU regulation Regulation for Instant Noodle Food Safety Concerns for Noodle Production using MAP Packaging Is supplied noodle and our sauce in a box an outsourced product? Dry Pasta & Noodle HACCP Plan FDA Specifications for Dry Pasta & Noodle Rice noodle adulteration using fluorescent brightener (Tinopal)