Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 13 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• Guyana
    Guyana

Posted 18 November 2015 - 07:37 PM

Hi I would like some help developing Flow & identify CCP's common in the manufacturing of Dry Pasta & Noodles. And any info. on how to implement HACCP for this type of product. Thanks.

gfdoucette07

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 167 posts
  • 112 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Food safety, QA, sharing my knowledge. Farming, growing, life

Posted 18 November 2015 - 08:25 PM

Anton,

Kind of like my PM information, look at each manufacturing step and decide if there is a risk to the safety of the consumer if that step is not taken?  Looking at chemicals contaminants, foreign materials, and microbiological, look up the HACCP decision tree.  While I am not in pasta and hopefully someone will assist, but its is a complex process and can be difficult.  If you feel something is or is not just provide a risk based approach to why your facility feels that way. 

MWidra

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 778 posts
  • 314 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:My Dogs (Beagles),Gardening, SciFi, Video Games (WoW, D3, HoS, PvZ), Classical Music, Legal Stuff, Science Stuff. I'm a Geeky Nerd.

Posted 18 November 2015 - 08:30 PM

First off, if you are going to administer the HACCP program, you need to take a training course on being a HACCP practitioner.  That course can be taken online, and they are not expensive.  I took mine from NEHA.  https://nehahaccp.org/

That training should tell you exactly how to set up a HACCP program, from finding committee members to setting up the prerequisite programs, to getting the program up and running.  I highly recommend that you take some training.

HACCP plans are not "cookie cutter" programs, but they are customized to YOUR industry and to YOUR site and processes.  So you can't look at someone else's, even in the same industry, and use it as a template.  Yours has to be like a custom made suit from a tailor, it will fit you perfectly.

Martha

"...everything can be taken from a man but one thing:  the last of the human freedoms--to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way."  Viktor E. Frankl

"Life's like a movie, write your own ending."  The Muppets

PS1

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 21 posts
  • 10 thanks
Neutral

• New Zealand
    New Zealand

Posted 20 November 2015 - 09:41 PM

The Codex guidelines have a step by step approach on developing a HACCP plan. Have a read of it and I would recommend doing some HACCP training.  A VERY basic overview of what you will need to do is:

Draw a process flow diagram of each step of the production process from receiving raw materials to dispatching the finished product. Include inputs and outputs at each step as applicable. Then for each step analyse any micro, chemical, physical, quality, or regulatory risks.  Then you can use a risk matrix to analyse the risk and determine whether or not they will be a CCP. You then come up with the monitoring, controls, critical limits and corrective actions around those CCPs.

If I knew how to upload a file, there is a useful article that was published a while ago that shows how a HACCP plan was developed. Kiwis and Aussies would recognise it - it is the Ross Peters HACCP guide. 

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users