What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Waste service provider audit

Started by , Jan 21 2016 10:51 AM
1 Reply

Hello All,

I am after help.

I have been asked to perform an audit from food safety point of view on our waste disposal company. I don’t have any experience in waste management apart of making sure what should be recycled goes to correct bin J.

(We are making beverages in PET bottles)

I am trying to prepare myself for this audit and think of what I should check.

I came out with primary packaging, labels, finish goods, hold products…

I could check what we send to them what they have received and where it went – do sort of mass balance.

Anything elase? Anyone has performed something similar in their life and would like to share it with me?

Regards

Agnes

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Food loss and waste procedure Addressing Food Waste and Food Loss: Balancing Sustainability and Food Safety Addressing Food Waste and Food Loss: Balancing Sustainability and Food Safety Addressing Food Waste and Food Loss: Balancing Sustainability and Food Safety HACCP Flow Waste
[Ad]

Hi  Agnes

wher eyou planning to do the audit? onsite or at their site.?

if you are doing it on all aspects of Management system it makes it easier.

.On food safety- how do they impact the safety of the food you make ie their risk? do they come in the plant? wash the bins?pest control?  once you have these outlined then you can focus

the questions on mass balance maybe belong on an environmental  side?

Similar Discussion Topics
Food loss and waste procedure Addressing Food Waste and Food Loss: Balancing Sustainability and Food Safety Addressing Food Waste and Food Loss: Balancing Sustainability and Food Safety Addressing Food Waste and Food Loss: Balancing Sustainability and Food Safety HACCP Flow Waste SQF 2.5.1.1 - How do I validate waste management for Corrective action? Food Loss and Waste SQF 11.8.1.6 Waste Disposal SQF 11.8.1.8 - Waste container insect proofed? Selling fish waste to a pet food company