What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Food Safety Goals

Started by , Jan 26 2016 09:37 PM
2 Replies

Interested in the types of goals that others have for 2016. Outside of consumer complaint reduction, I struggle with what other goals to have for a food safety department at a high level. Curious to what other companies/departments do? Are they internal to your facility? Driven by corporate? Non-existent?

And ... go!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Repackaging of Food Grade product 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention food safety Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ?
[Ad]

Hi jkoratich712

Depending on the size of the company you can have many food safety goals for the QA section. I have setup for my clients QA teams the some of the following goals

1. reduce customer complaints by 33%

2. All non - conformances should be closed off within 90 days with completed root cause analysis

3. Focus is on cost - work with corporate teams to reduce operations cost by 10% through process improvements initiatives

4. Implement strategic plan for staff performance enhancement by offering targeted training opportunities

5. Become the knowledge centre in quality, food safety and technical innovations through active performance in expanding the knowledge base.

I hope this might help.

Regards

Dr. Humaid Khan

MD

Halal International Services

Reduction in rejections of purchased products that are rejected due to contamination.  Reduction in microbial count test results if you are sanitizing and swabbing.  Audits show reduction in internal nonconformances (not adhering to food safety policies and procedures).

Similar Discussion Topics
Repackaging of Food Grade product 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention food safety Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ? Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Food Safety Videos- Recommendations? Food safety culture plan Food contact surfaces