What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

How to manage the history of changes made to company manuals?

Started by , Jan 29 2016 01:33 PM
6 Replies

Hello all,

I'm in the process of compiling manuals including all of our forms, documents, procedures, etc...included with all of these documents is a document revision page with the history of all changes made. I'm wondering if the revision page needs to be included when adding these documents to the manuals. If so this would double the size of the compilations. However, it would save time, money and space if this wasn't a necessity. Thanks so much in advance...

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
ABC model to assess effectiveness of training and communication in a company Implementing HACCP/BRC for a Logistics Company How do you manage your food safety management system? Cheese company uniforms Ideal Organizational Chart for a food manufacturing company?
[Ad]

Hello all,

I'm in the process of compiling manuals including all of our forms, documents, procedures, etc...included with all of these documents is a document revision page with the history of all changes made. I'm wondering if the revision page needs to be included when adding these documents to the manuals. If so this would double the size of the compilations. However, it would save time, money and space if this wasn't a necessity. Thanks so much in advance...

Hi dwells,

Looks like an extension of this thread -

http://www.ifsqn.com...hange-tracking/

I think the answer is typically yes. Unless you use a single page revision system at the front of the manual. That's what i did

I keep it electronically and reference it and where to find it in the manual.

I've always maintained an excel for indexing the master documents and their current version.

On the same excel I have a tab for revisions, with the following columns (by memory).

Document Number

Document Name

Current Version Number

Reason for change

Person requesting the change

Date Changed

Obsolete documents removed from use (Yes/No)

Training completed (Yes/No/N/A)

Some other stuff I cannot remember :ejut:

The only place I have the revision log in the actual document itself is in the HACCP Manual.

That's the way I've always done it.

Regards,

Simon

I do the same as Simon. Only difference is that I have an additional tab that contains links to each document on our server, so that people can view documents or print out data collection forms.

Marshall

Hi Dwell

Rather than have a amendment page with each document .You can create a Document amendment register and centrally record all changes to document in this register. You can download a BRC guide for document control and it list all the heading in the document amendment register. 

Kind regards

Humaid Khan

MD- Halal International Services

We have done both - an amendment register for all documents and a document by document revision page.  We are doing both because auditors from different firms have different interpretations of the same standards.  Sigh.

Similar Discussion Topics
ABC model to assess effectiveness of training and communication in a company Implementing HACCP/BRC for a Logistics Company How do you manage your food safety management system? Cheese company uniforms Ideal Organizational Chart for a food manufacturing company? Made in the US statement Getting a company to meet requirements, how do you do it? SFCR license for a meat company How long should we be reworking product made with multiple lots of rework? Running a risk assessment to prove our company does not need ATP swabs