What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

SQF 2 companies - How to certify?

Started by , Feb 02 2016 03:09 PM
5 Replies

So here is an SQF question for ya... 1 building but 2 companies. 1 is the roasting company the other buys from them and distributes. The distribution company owns the building and rents part out to the roasting company. How do I certify both? Do i certify them separate? Can i do a blanket certification for the building? Do I need to do 2 separate SQF certifications? 2 different ownerships.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
What are companies responsible that uses contract manufacturer? Is there a database of IFS certified companies? Missing Links in developing a food safety culture in the food companies Missing Links in Developing a Food Safety Culture in Food Companies Missing Links in Developing a Food Safety Culture in Food Companies
[Ad]

I seem to remember a thread with a subject along those lines.  I think you're looking at two different certifications (different sectors/modules too) if both wish to be certified.  If it's just you certifying, your scope is "your half" of the building, but plan to defend how you control potential cross contamination.  If they provide services to you, they need risk assessed and become your approved service provider...  I'll bet there's folks here who have done what you're trying to do.

1 Thank

Have you downloaded the SQF docs from http://www.sqfi.com/documents/ yet? Highlights there are the current SQF code, the SQF audit checklist, and the SQF guidance documents for modules 2 and 11 (assuming you only need 2 and 11)

Yes I have. Thank you. I called SQFI yesterday and explained our situation. I talked with their technical manager and she said that when I register on their site to register with a combination of the name of both companies and I can just have 1 certification for the building that way.

1 Thank
You called SQFI and they said that?

I have never ever heard that before.

We have similar consulting clients, 2 operations same building with the other concern being a distributer for the first one. It had to be 2 separate certs with the one being Fsc 16 for modules 2 and 11 and the other was wholesale distribution and required 2 and 12.

You called SQFI and they said that?

I have never ever heard that before.

We have similar consulting clients, 2 operations same building with the other concern being a distributer for the first one. It had to be 2 separate certs with the one being Fsc 16 for modules 2 and 11 and the other was wholesale distribution and required 2 and 12.

My understanding is that if there are 2 companies (separate company/corporate identities)and only one wants to become SQF certified it's not an issue. It comes with some logistical issues though since issues like food defense/site security, pest control, exterior grounds GMPs, etc. would be for the entire building with the company wanting certification shouldering the meeting of all code requirements.

Similar Discussion Topics
What are companies responsible that uses contract manufacturer? Is there a database of IFS certified companies? Missing Links in developing a food safety culture in the food companies Missing Links in Developing a Food Safety Culture in Food Companies Missing Links in Developing a Food Safety Culture in Food Companies Modifying FDA Registration for DBA Companies How are companies approaching Section 2.3.2 (Specifications) in SQF Code 9.0 Accredited Training Companies SQF 11.6.5 - Contract example for trucking companies Any companies cleaning re-usable food grade drums?