What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

HACCP audit checklist for a big kitchen

Started by , Feb 10 2016 11:40 PM
2 Replies

Hi , My name is Mdouva. I am QA/C Officer at pioneer foods. I would like to do a HACCP audit in a big kitchen. What are the most important things to look at when I do this audit?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
HACCP certification for SQG Ed 9.0 - System Element 2.1.1.5 HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry No CCPs in a HACCP Plan - Can This Be Possible? Should you list your preventative controls on your HACCP process flow chart? Fair Price to charge for developing 2 HACCP plans
[Ad]

Hi Mdouva,

:welcome:

If I'm carrying out a HACCP audit I would first check to see that the HACCP study has covered all applicable hazards for the operation.

Taking the HACCP plan I would be looking at the Critical Control Points and ensuring that they are adequately controlled.

In catering operations key items will include:

Minimum cooking temperatures

Cooling times if food is chilled afterwards

Hot holding temperatures/times

Chilled display temperatures/times

Storage controls

Segregation of raw/cooked foods in storage/handling/preparation

Training

Hygiene Policy and enforcement of

Cleaning and sanitation

Allergen controls

Foreign body control

Chemical control

Pest control

Supplier assurance and delivery controls

Kind regards,

Tony

Hi Mdouva, 

Based on Tony , I 'd like to focus on some details form my experience in this field which in mostly violated :

• personal hygiene specially hand washing ,you can use swabs and send it to your lab.
  • Do not ignor the importance of illness policy and medical screening .
  • the temperature of food items ( cold and hot ) , and holding time for each item should be clearly labeled with its holding time if it is in-house prepared  or opened .
  • Do not allow food to be stored in its can after opening .
  • All fresh produce receiving ,handling ,washing , holding ,... take care about it .
  • ​Mayonnaise and other sauces should be controlled , bottles/ jars must be labeled with opening date and discarding dates .
  • Take care about reheating , thawing , holding overnight ( specially for rice ) 
  • utilities ,knifes , cutting boards ,.....I prefer using colour coding differentiate between RTD , raw meat and vegetable .
  • if use Ice machine assure appropriate cleaning ( open the in house and inspect it ) , send samples for analysis .
  • if you have water filters inspect the validity and replacement time .
  • Do not allow zapper fly insect killer , use the glue board  , do not allocate it on preparation tables , sandwich station ,exposed food ,....
  • ​Do not allow pesticides or fly killer or storage of it . 
  • you can refer to ISO/TS 22002-2:2013

As a start you can use the below  check list and customizing according to your kitchen , it is very basic , However you can add to it more detailed quality criteria for the above items ,  

HACCP-Based SOPs - Standard Operating Procedures  ( click on it to download )

this for you check, but before make sure that the system in place and available for all team members , if not my advice is to create your own .

also there is good thread relating to this issue with topic "What should be the prerequisite programs for catering?"you can use it for team members training ,

http://www.ifsqn.com...tering/?p=93364

Good luck ,
Ehab 

Similar Discussion Topics
HACCP certification for SQG Ed 9.0 - System Element 2.1.1.5 HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry No CCPs in a HACCP Plan - Can This Be Possible? Should you list your preventative controls on your HACCP process flow chart? Fair Price to charge for developing 2 HACCP plans HACCP plan for chocolate and risk area decision tree HACCP Flow charts and 'confidentiality' Implementing HACCP/BRC for a Logistics Company Is HACCP broken? How would I verify my HACCP Plan for new product?