What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Views on dry sanitation in a tuna cleaning factory

Started by , Feb 21 2016 03:58 PM
2 Replies

Dear All

I would like to know your view point on dry sanitation. I have go through some chemicals which are available on the market but is not that much convinced that it will work for a tuna cleaning factory. Presently, we have a 4 cleaning and 2 sanitation per shift. It is done with chlorine based solution. But personally i don't like to see the factory floor wet all day long.

Rgds

Aniissah

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Water Testing - Two conflicting BRC Auditor Views Clause 4.5.1 Any advice on how to change views on food safety? Views on SQF edition 8 and upcoming FSMA policies Views on Six Sigma and Risk management courses US Consumer Views on Food Safety
[Ad]

Use dry only if you can't do wet. That said, I would never consider dry sanitation in meat, seafood, dairy, juice, dressings, sauces, etc. If you can't do wet in those situations, my opinion is you have inadequate facilities and equipment.

1 Thank

Dear All

I would like to know your view point on dry sanitation. I have go through some chemicals which are available on the market but is not that much convinced that it will work for a tuna cleaning factory. Presently, we have a 4 cleaning and 2 sanitation per shift. It is done with chlorine based solution. But personally i don't like to see the factory floor wet all day long.

Rgds

Aniissah

Hi Aniissah,

I'm in agreement with RMAV. You should be able to do wet cleaning. I would expect that using dry cleaning for that sort of process would certainly raise questions, if not major non-conformances. It sounds to me like you should have floor drains near your processing area, and if water is pooling, you should have some sort of graded flooring to lead the water to the drains.

QAGB

Similar Discussion Topics
Water Testing - Two conflicting BRC Auditor Views Clause 4.5.1 Any advice on how to change views on food safety? Views on SQF edition 8 and upcoming FSMA policies Views on Six Sigma and Risk management courses US Consumer Views on Food Safety Views on the wearing hearing aids in a food packaging environment Views sought on front-of-pack labelling pH of cultured dairy products CCP views? What are your views on Food Irradiation? Views on Himedia?