Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,223 posts
  • 1288 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 01 April 2011 - 03:52 PM

Do any of our members use Himedia as a supplier and how have they found their products?

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 02 April 2011 - 08:54 AM

I'm interested to know your interest Tony?

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,223 posts
  • 1288 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 02 April 2011 - 11:01 AM

I'm interested to know your interest Tony?

Have see some quotes and they seem to be a cheaper option with regards to Laboratory media supplies.

hchristopher

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 19 posts
  • 6 thanks
Neutral

Posted 07 April 2011 - 03:22 PM

We have used them for Yeast and Mold media in the microbiology lab when I worked in the Yogurt industry. We were ordering from VWR who were obtaining the media from an Indian supplier. Based on the quantities we needed and the turnaround time, they could not meet our needs. Our Purchasing department, sought out HiMedia for a comparable media in which we tested 100 sample side-by-side and got comparable results. We wound up sticking with HiMedia and got a cheaper product with a much faster turnaround time.

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,223 posts
  • 1288 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 07 April 2011 - 03:25 PM

We have used them for Yeast and Mold media in the microbiology lab when I worked in the Yogurt industry. We were ordering from VWR who were obtaining the media from an Indian supplier. Based on the quantities we needed and the turnaround time, they could not meet our needs. Our Purchasing department, sought out HiMedia for a comparable media in which we tested 100 sample side-by-side and got comparable results. We wound up sticking with HiMedia and got a cheaper product with a much faster turnaround time.

:welcome:

First post - and thanks for the info.

Regards,

Tony

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users