What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Completed SQF Level 2 Desk Audit

Started by , Apr 29 2016 07:02 PM
6 Replies

Finished with more n/c's then I would have preferred, although they were all minor & easily correctable. Overall a good experience, now to get the corrections out of the way for the facility audit. 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
How do you determine parameters and what type of testing needs to be completed by a lab for your finished product? FSSC 22000 audit nonconformance for rodent activity internal nonconformance not being completed Has anyone completed PCQI online course from imEpik? Is it ok to store finished product in the new freezer whilst the new building is being completed? First BRC audit completed!
[Ad]

A big step forward Pooled, congratulations.

What were the NC's system gaps?

By the way which standard are you working to?

Regards,

Simon

SQF Level 2, Sector 25 (Fresh Produce) & 26 (Food Wholesale & Distribution)

I was missing a Job Description from my Org chart as over the last 2 months there has been some shuffling of positions, BCP was missing a couple training/testing records & contact numbers. Packaging specs were missing for some containers and the one that I was most surprised we missed was a specific statement in Recal that the SQFI and NSF-GFTC were to be notified within 24hrs.

Alot of small things nothing major & nothing extensive.

I was missing a Job Description from my Org chart as over the last 2 months there has been some shuffling of positions, BCP was missing a couple training/testing records & contact numbers. Packaging specs were missing for some containers and the one that I was most surprised we missed was a specific statement in Recal that the SQFI and NSF-GFTC were to be notified within 24hrs.

That's great Pooled, it's much easier to fix the small things. It sounds like you have a good foundation system wide.

QAGB

congrats and good luck for the actual audit 

Oh that last one!! Make sure you cover yourself on that! I remember hearing from an auditor that SQF is really coming down hard on anyone who does not include that they'll inform their Certifying Body and SQF in the event of a recall/withdrawal.

Also, congratulations!! I hope your facility audit goes well, also!

-Christina

I knew about making sure to have them listed in the contacts from previous BRC Audits, it was just the line of "...will be notified within 24hrs....." that I was missing. Just when you think you have it all covered, there is one more level of detail that you can make.

I'm curious about what new criteria there will be in SQF 8 as opposed to the SQF 7.2 currently and if these specific items are spelled out or not.

Similar Discussion Topics
How do you determine parameters and what type of testing needs to be completed by a lab for your finished product? FSSC 22000 audit nonconformance for rodent activity internal nonconformance not being completed Has anyone completed PCQI online course from imEpik? Is it ok to store finished product in the new freezer whilst the new building is being completed? First BRC audit completed! HACCP plan risk assessment completed with severity and likelihood When should testing of cheese get completed Just completed our SQF Edition 8 Level 2 audit, Thank you! First BRC audit completed! :) Completed SQF Certification