What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Restaurant owner guilty over nut death

Started by , May 23 2016 12:05 PM
2 Replies

Indian restaurant owner convicted of manslaughter after customer died from allergic reaction to takeaway curry.  This has been going on for a while and the verdict just in.

Read more >>

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Label requirements for food manufactured for restaurant use? Restaurant 5 Star auditing template Restaurant Brands International Vendor Audit Commercial freezer for a restaurant HACCP system for a seafood and oriental food restaurant chain
[Ad]

More details: Peanut allergy death: Restaurant owner Mohammed Zaman jailed for six years for killing customer with curry

Peanut allergy sufferer Paul Wilson expressly asked for 'no nuts' in his meal, but was given a takeaway curry prepared with peanuts
Zaman was found guilty of all charges except perverting course of justice, in a case which is thought to be a legal first and sets a precedent for food suppliers.

That is scary. I can't imagine living with food allergies (especially to nuts -- because they are in so many foods). One already has to worry about the nuts themselves, and also the oils. I wouldn't even trust refined, bleached, and deodorized nut oils if I had a nut allergy.

It's a shame he had to die from something that just flat out didn't have to happen. It just goes to show that some people really don't understand how serious allergies are. Cutting corners is never worth the risk of hurting or killing someone.

QAGB

Similar Discussion Topics
Label requirements for food manufactured for restaurant use? Restaurant 5 Star auditing template Restaurant Brands International Vendor Audit Commercial freezer for a restaurant HACCP system for a seafood and oriental food restaurant chain What does the proper hygienic layout of a restaurant look like? Can somebody share a PRP model Restaurant Pest Control Requesting an ISO 22000-2018 audit checklist for a restaurant Food Preparation in the Danger Zone (Restaurant) Draft HACCP plan for cooking of raw chicken in restaurant chain