What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Are Fermented Vegetables - High Care?

Started by , Jun 29 2016 11:23 PM
2 Replies

Hi,

:helpplease:

I have done a search & couldn't see exactly what I'm after.  Basically, where does the BRC standards sit with Raw Lacto Fermented Vegetables?  I'm assuming they would be low risk during preparation and high care after fermentation & during packaging.  I tried to use the Decision Tree, but I just wasn't sure.

Any help for someone with experience getting BRC certification in a facility that prepares and packaging raw fermented vegetables would be greatly appreciated.

History is we have HACCP based food safety system, and a client now wants a GFSI, and we are considering BRC.

Small, family run business.

Thanks

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Mycotoxin and heavy metal limits in frozen fruits and vegetables as per EU regulations BRCGS 8.1.2 - Cooked Crustacea High Risk-High Care High risk area with positive pressure and microbiological air filtration Are raw nuts high risk? Rezoning from High Risk to Medium Risk
[Ad]

Dear Qldboo5,

High care area is applicable for chilled/frozen RTE food with heat treatment for 70C/2' L.mono according to BRC decision tree in appendix 2.

KK

Hi,

:helpplease:

I have done a search & couldn't see exactly what I'm after.  Basically, where does the BRC standards sit with Raw Lacto Fermented Vegetables?  I'm assuming they would be low risk during preparation and high care after fermentation & during packaging.  I tried to use the Decision Tree, but I just wasn't sure.

Any help for someone with experience getting BRC certification in a facility that prepares and packaging raw fermented vegetables would be greatly appreciated.

History is we have HACCP based food safety system, and a client now wants a GFSI, and we are considering BRC.

Small, family run business.

Thanks

Hi Qld,

A process flowchart would assist.

And perhaps a product specification if exists.

I assume "raw" means final product is NRTE. Seems illogical but i am unfamiliar with terminology "lacto-fermented".

Similar Discussion Topics
Mycotoxin and heavy metal limits in frozen fruits and vegetables as per EU regulations BRCGS 8.1.2 - Cooked Crustacea High Risk-High Care High risk area with positive pressure and microbiological air filtration Are raw nuts high risk? Rezoning from High Risk to Medium Risk Risk zone identification as per BRC for ambient high care High CO2 concentration in frozen warehouse filled with cranberries High yeast and ACC in Sesame dressing High Enterobacteria and TVC Counts on Minced Beef Food safety requirements for ready meals production with fresh vegetables and salad