What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Lot tracing software

Started by , Jul 17 2016 12:07 PM
5 Replies

Can anyone recommend a lot tracking program for small business use?  I'm looking at some of these programs and they $15,000+!  Then I find some in the $2-$5k range and I'm not really sure which programs are good, what features to look for to make life easy, etc.  We only manufacture 2 products on a very small scale and don't need to get nuts with this...

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Tracing Finished Goods Platform or software for creating posters Can anyone recommend or suggest alternative options to Genesis R&D Food Labelling Software? Nutrition Software Recommendations Internal auditing and non-conformance reporting software systems
[Ad]

Can anyone recommend a lot tracking program for small business use?  I'm looking at some of these programs and they $15,000+!  Then I find some in the $2-$5k range and I'm not really sure which programs are good, what features to look for to make life easy, etc.  We only manufacture 2 products on a very small scale and don't need to get nuts with this...

Hi BChapp,

It may help to get more relevant replies if you can give some idea as to the type of business involved ?

Wll we actually found a very economical way of doing it. We use a barcode scanning/inventory tracking program called Wasp Barcode and a shipping program called ShipStation (monthly subscription). We were able to integrate the two programs with one manual entry step.  So we now have a complete system for about $1200.  For now it will work.

ERPNext is an inexpensive and easy to use open source ERP software.

We use Batchmaster ERP and it works great for our small to medium sized sauce operation. The user interface is a little outdated, but it has quite a few usable features and tracks everything from raw ingredients through production and onto final sales.  It is an affordable decision for a smaller facility.

AM

Take a look at the PRIMS system offered by Focus-Works.

Similar Discussion Topics
Tracing Finished Goods Platform or software for creating posters Can anyone recommend or suggest alternative options to Genesis R&D Food Labelling Software? Nutrition Software Recommendations Internal auditing and non-conformance reporting software systems Does anyone use a specialized software to input data from lab tests? Quality Management Software in a small food manufacturing company Bartender label software help! Method for tracing organic oil used to fry products that meets mass balance requirements Recommendations for Label Software