What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Check-weigher settings

Started by , Sep 21 2016 11:13 AM
3 Replies

Hi, I need to understand in depth setting up tolerances, lower and upper limits on checkweighers and how it applies to average, minimum and custom settings. I have mixed messages from different people within the business. Any expertise will be appreciated. Thanks  

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
How can I check good sterilization? Can anyone check my HACCP plan for Sea Moss Gel? Controlling check in and out of blades Glass and Hard plastic check Can Someone Check My HACCP Hazards?
[Ad]

Hi  Aleph,

Any answer may relate to yr Process and local Regulatory aspects.

On the basis of previous related threads, i can predict that this can be a highly complicated query and potentially involve some heavy statistics.

The previous threads, from memory, sort of ended up without a consensus agreement, partly due to difficulties in interpreting what the OP actually wanted.

But Good Luck this time around !.

First, check manufacturer tolerances for the check-weigher.  They will have the coefficient of variation and standard deviation for the check-weigher.  I would consul with them as far as tolerances from that standpoint as it is dependent on the check-weigher and what is acceptable for your process.

Here's the thing...are you using the check-weigher to verify your process parameters or are you using it to enhance your process parameters?  Two different end goals.

Tolerances are set based on your process (what you can realistically achieve within X number of standard deviations) and what the regulatory limits are with the product.  In the US you follow national weights and standards requirements.

Hope that helps.

Hi rmills,

i assumed this was a UK enquiry although you may be right.

For UK the topic (legality) is exampled in these previous ("defeated") threads -

http://www.ifsqn.com...er-calibration/

http://www.ifsqn.com...ight-tolerance/

Similar Discussion Topics
How can I check good sterilization? Can anyone check my HACCP plan for Sea Moss Gel? Controlling check in and out of blades Glass and Hard plastic check Can Someone Check My HACCP Hazards? Is it necessary to check the calibration on your mixer and oven timers? BRCGS V9 Gap Analysis Check List Is it required to check internal requirements for product? Temperature Check Software Converting Written Check Logs into Excel