What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

I need better Food Safety Metrics!

Started by , Oct 04 2016 06:56 PM
2 Replies

Hello!  I need more meaningful metrics than "PASS/FAIL" for our annual food safety audit.  Any suggestions?  I work in flexible film food packaging.  Would like to incorporate a training metric within food safety.  Thanks!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Repackaging of Food Grade product 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention food safety Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ?
[Ad]

Hi CMK8888

First question when developing metrics, what are you trying to measure specifically?

Personnel training retention?

Production problems or unacceptable quality product?

Customer satisfaction?

What "story" do you want your data to tell you once it's analyzed?

Hi CMK8888

The following are common metrics that Ive seen used across many industries as a quality measure:

-Customer complaint numbers

-Recalls/withdrawals/market action

-If you are running a non conformance  or corrective action program- the number of non conformances  or cars you have raised against suppliers and and also internally

-Internal audit schedule compliance

-A metric to measure the housekeeping standards in your area eg gmp inspection results, bag audits etc

-Right first time or a measure of how much product is rejected due to non compliance to specification

To incorporate training into your metrics I would suggest measuring compliance to your HACCP/GMP training program and any other key SOPs you may have.

I would suggest you talk with your management team to determine where you want to focus as a business on improving quality and build your metrics to measure your improvement journey.

Good luck

Similar Discussion Topics
Repackaging of Food Grade product 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention food safety Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ? Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Food Safety Videos- Recommendations? Food safety culture plan Food contact surfaces