What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Companies posting complete audit reports online for the public

Started by , Nov 29 2016 01:40 AM
3 Replies

Does anyone know of any food companies that are making their audits (government, 3rd party, or otherwise) available on their websites in their entirety?

I'm curious if there are any companies out there that have bit the bullet for the sake of transparency with consumers and been willing to share all findings with corrective actions, redacting confidential info like FDA does with 483's made available?

I couldn't find any on an initial google search, but my google-fu may not be able to get past all the other stuff that comes up when you search for audit results/reports. So seeing if anyone here knows anecdotally.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
What are companies responsible that uses contract manufacturer? Is there a database of IFS certified companies? Missing Links in developing a food safety culture in the food companies Missing Links in Developing a Food Safety Culture in Food Companies Missing Links in Developing a Food Safety Culture in Food Companies
[Ad]

Does anyone know of any food companies that are making their audits (government, 3rd party, or otherwise) available on their websites in their entirety?

I'm curious if there are any companies out there that have bit the bullet for the sake of transparency with consumers and been willing to share all findings with corrective actions, redacting confidential info like FDA does with 483's made available?

I couldn't find any on an initial google search, but my google-fu may not be able to get past all the other stuff that comes up when you search for audit results/reports. So seeing if anyone here knows anecdotally.

Hi Earth,

Actually there are loads of them . :smile:

Try googling "brc audit report" (without the parentheses) or "sqf ......"

1 Like2 Thanks

Hmmm, it looks like most companies who are doing this aren't consumer facing. They're upstream bulk ingredient processors or contract manufacturers. It would be interesting to find someone with a retail brand showing their audit results for transparency in a situation where an end-consumer would be examining it.

The company I work for makes a lot of food contact packaging.  We frequently get customers (brand name) asking for a complete copy of a 3rd party audit and our corrective actions, even though we are SQF Level 3 certified.  I have jokingly suggested that we should ask for the same from them.  Sometimes transparency means you have to tell your customer anything they ask about, but the customer does not have to reciprocate.

Similar Discussion Topics
What are companies responsible that uses contract manufacturer? Is there a database of IFS certified companies? Missing Links in developing a food safety culture in the food companies Missing Links in Developing a Food Safety Culture in Food Companies Missing Links in Developing a Food Safety Culture in Food Companies Modifying FDA Registration for DBA Companies How are companies approaching Section 2.3.2 (Specifications) in SQF Code 9.0 Accredited Training Companies SQF 11.6.5 - Contract example for trucking companies Any companies cleaning re-usable food grade drums?