What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Water System Gauge Calibration

Started by , Dec 14 2016 08:22 AM
1 Reply

Hello!

Does anyone have any thoughts on calibration of the gauges in a DI/RO water system for Dietary Supplement manufacturing?  I do not know of a requirement for it, but I have seen it done, and not done.  Is it industry standard? 

Thanks!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Glove Dip Station filled with water and chlorine - is this normal? OPP Packaging leavening milky residue when in contact with water Reusable Water Bottles on plant floor Specifications for Micro Testing of Water used in Food Production Water Concentration recommended for a cooling bath using Sodium hypochlorite 12.5%
[Ad]

Hello!

Does anyone have any thoughts on calibration of the gauges in a DI/RO water system for Dietary Supplement manufacturing?  I do not know of a requirement for it, but I have seen it done, and not done.  Is it industry standard? 

Thanks!

Hi Scottaha,

Apprently DI/RO = deionization/reverse osmosis.

http://www.labconco....nd-di-water-pur

The requirement of Calibration of Gauges is a Universal requirement. Some are self-calibrating.

ISO 9002, which applies to all manufacturing  operations, requires suppliers to calibrate  "all  inspection, measuring and test equipment and devices  that  can affect product quality at prescribed  intervals, or prior to use, against certified equipment having a known valid relationship to nationally recognized standards -- where no such standards exist, the basis used for calibration shall be documented."

Calibrating for Quality.pdf   476.86KB   16 downloads

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Glove Dip Station filled with water and chlorine - is this normal? OPP Packaging leavening milky residue when in contact with water Reusable Water Bottles on plant floor Specifications for Micro Testing of Water used in Food Production Water Concentration recommended for a cooling bath using Sodium hypochlorite 12.5% Water hoses and nozzles - maintenance and cleaning schedule Customer complaints for excess water in onions Shipping of salted casings and water retention regulation Is Water testing required for SQF Storage and Distribution site? Water testing at new facility