What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Food Hazards regulation info for fungi, prions and protozoa

Started by , Jan 19 2017 06:46 PM
2 Replies

Hi

I hope that more experienced colleagues will be that helpful and direct me to the right info:)

I'm looking for some information related to control and recommendations related to chemical and physical food contaminants and criteria for fungi ,prions, protozoa. I'm doing little research about set requirements in the EU and UK directives but I can't find any information in the EU legislation https://www.fsai.ie/...l_criteria.html). I know that BRC, ISO and other standards give some advice, but does it mean that those particular hazards are excluded from actual legislation?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Food Safety Videos- Recommendations? Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ? food safety 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention
[Ad]

Can you narrow it down by what type of food you're making? that will help

Hi

I hope that more experienced colleagues will be that helpful and direct me to the right info:)

I'm looking for some information related to control and recommendations related to chemical and physical food contaminants and criteria for fungi ,prions, protozoa. I'm doing little research about set requirements in the EU and UK directives but I can't find any information in the EU legislation https://www.fsai.ie/...l_criteria.html). I know that BRC, ISO and other standards give some advice, but does it mean that those particular hazards are excluded from actual legislation?

Hi agness,

Regarding red - With all due respect, as stated above, this can mean literally anything. This is why, as implied by previous post, you need to supply some context regarding product and process.

However if you would just like an arbitrary list of possibilities, such do also exist, eg I think there is one published by FAO several years ago, approx 1-2 pages of items.. Additionally IIRC someone (USFDA?) publishes an annual (biannual?) list of the most frequently reported food contaminants as found by FDA (?)

Similar Discussion Topics
Food Safety Videos- Recommendations? Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ? food safety 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention Repackaging of Food Grade product Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Food safety culture plan Food contact surfaces