What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Acceptability of skylight over a food chemical manufacturing area

Started by , Jan 25 2017 03:18 PM
3 Replies

My company is wanting to add a skylight above a food grade manufacturing area.  We use kettles to manufacture indirect food chemicals.

I'm trying to direct the owner to another location in the building, but he is set on the area.  Are there restrictions on skylights above food grade production?

thanks, I'm new to this and need all the help I can get.

Mary

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
How to determine a false reject rate acceptability threshold? Suitability/Acceptability of cleaning chemicals Acceptability Canadian Listeria method for EU/US ? Query Re-Acceptability AOAC Method for Sulphite in Meat Acceptability of tiny food residues on conveyor after cleaning
[Ad]

As long as you added them to your brittle plastics and glass register and checked it for damage regularly, there's no reason you couldn't. I would argue that a skylight would be even lower risk than other glass materials in your plant because employees are likely to notice if it shatters due to weather etc.

-Austin

1 Thank

It may not be a problem depending upon your layout, equipment and process but consider also any increased insect risk, as they may be drawn to the extra light provided by the skylight.

2 Thanks

I would add it to brittle plastics/glass register, check and record conditions regularly. I'm curious, What is the purpose of the skylight being in this area? 

Similar Discussion Topics
How to determine a false reject rate acceptability threshold? Suitability/Acceptability of cleaning chemicals Acceptability Canadian Listeria method for EU/US ? Query Re-Acceptability AOAC Method for Sulphite in Meat Acceptability of tiny food residues on conveyor after cleaning Swab test reference to demonstrate acceptability